Tone down your New Year celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro-New

Mar 25, 2004
Singapore
While the ecconomy is said to be picking up, and everyone is looking forward to welcome the New Year with a big bang, disaster strike!

Many countries in this part of the world are devasteted after the tsunami strike. Many people died or still missing, including Singaporean. More are made homeless.

Most of them will be still in mood of mourning in the coming weeks.

I urge organisers of all New Year Count Down parties here to tone down their celebration, in respect for those who are suffering.

May be someone would like to organise collection centers at all party venues for party goers to bring along canned food, clothings, cheques to be donated to the victims.

God bless all.

Yea, just intending to hang out with friends and have some drinks.

err... life have to go on, dun have to start the new year with a big bang, but dun have to start it with a mourning mood as well... just do what you can, hope for the best...

No more heart to celebrate ...... :-(
Probably everyone in Singapore or the whole world should practise a "1-min silence grace" during 12.00 to 12.01 @ 01.01.2005 as a gesture.

hmmm... the death toll is shooting upwards incredibly fast in this part of the world in SE asia in the aftermath of the tsunami.... :dunno:

let us all unite in prayer during new year's eve for those who have left and for their families... :(

yes we should pay some respect and do our best to help, but c'est la vie! Life needs to go on... Happy New Year!

P.S. Live life today... something a pal told me years ago.

suppose to go chiong tonight... but really got no mood already....
:cry:

55,000 people...my gosh....

On come on guys, life still have to go on. If we have to keep mourning for whatever happen in this world, then what's the point of living? Just take life easy, don't bother too much about the sadness of this world, and live life to the fullest. When the end comes, just be content that we leave this world with no regrets.

True..life have to go on...but as a sign of respect, I believe we should tone it down all the way...it just does not make sense for us to be partying away while our "neigbours" are struggling to cope and rescue efforts still under way.

If you're having a party, why not ask your guests to bring some items to donate to the relief efforts organised by several NGOs. Red Cross, Ananda Travel etc... Collect everything and bring it down to one of the collection points.

It'd make for a meaningful New Year party.

Status
Not open for further replies.