Tomatoes For Critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblegumz

Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
hi hi...i was playing with my A70 yesterday, spotted the delicious tomatoes and decided to snap some still shots of them......this is one of the shots...somehow i find that it doesn't look clear to me...wat do u think? open for critique... :D

http://www.pbase.com/image/21886167

Did u use a tripod? If not, most likely it is due to camera shake at such slow shutter speed.(1/4s)

bubblegumz said:
hi hi...i was playing with my A70 yesterday, spotted the delicious tomatoes and decided to snap some still shots of them......this is one of the shots...somehow i find that it doesn't look clear to me...wat do u think? open for critique... :D

http://www.pbase.com/image/21886167

Its a very soft blur. Has a nice DOF. And also like the colour.
Nice pic! ;)

i think my hands are really not steady lor...that's why my pics not v clear sometimes.....have to work harder liao...

thanks for your comments =)

nice colours.. yar it's abit blur, have you tried using USM to sharpen it? one way to get sharp pics is to mount the cam on a tripod then use the auto timer to trigger.. coz u may cause some handshake when you trigger it with your hand even when mounted on tripod :)

the text on it is ugly if you ask me.

now don't blame me for giving that comment coz if you put the text there it's gonna be part of the whole presentation.

it's an okay effort. i don't really think it's very nice. the soft focus does not really work in this thing, IMHO. i suggest you look at some photography magazines and see how they carry out these kinda "product" or "product-like" shots. the recent issue of "professional photographer" if i'm not wrong should have these. just go to kino or borders to browse.

it's blur throughout, there's no sharp point in this picture, and composition wise, i'd have prefered more tomatoes. depth of field is not enough, but i suspect you're using a normal digicam so it's not your fault.

Jer76 said:
nice colours.. yar it's abit blur, have you tried using USM to sharpen it? one way to get sharp pics is to mount the cam on a tripod then use the auto timer to trigger.. coz u may cause some handshake when you trigger it with your hand even when mounted on tripod :)

yup yup...me have used PS to sharpen it but this is the max i can do...i guess my hands did shake when i pressed the shutter to shoot...i seem to have this problem most of the time...perhaps cam is too light hence the easy movement? i dun have a tripod cos thinking of upgrading my cam liao......thanks for ur tips tho ;)

Linkster said:
but i think this soft focus works for this case.. dun really need USM ba..:)

thanks Linkster but i do think the pic will look nicer if it were a lot sharper... =)

sequitur said:
the text on it is ugly if you ask me.

now don't blame me for giving that comment coz if you put the text there it's gonna be part of the whole presentation.

it's an okay effort. i don't really think it's very nice. the soft focus does not really work in this thing, IMHO. i suggest you look at some photography magazines and see how they carry out these kinda "product" or "product-like" shots. the recent issue of "professional photographer" if i'm not wrong should have these. just go to kino or borders to browse.

it's blur throughout, there's no sharp point in this picture, and composition wise, i'd have prefered more tomatoes. depth of field is not enough, but i suspect you're using a normal digicam so it's not your fault.

text not nice ah? orh okie...u dun like Times New Roman, eh? :p

i agree with u lor...it was an Ok effort...it's my first attempt at still life...and i also think the soft focus is not working here.

must go to bookstores to refer to mags ah?? aiyoh......no need lah......come clubsnap can liao......i already see many cool pics ;)

more tomatoes ah? me only had 4 at that time...ok, me go buy more! kekekeke :D

Personally, I think the number of tomatoes is enough. I kinda like the way you arrange it... soft focus is not that bad to me either. I would say its a good attempt but perhaps there is still room for improvement. :)

i think composition is fine. blur...? my eyes already blur reading all the threads... so i think it's also fine. but yes, pls do lose the words. and make your signature and copyright thing smaller.

Hmm....you know what? It may be blur but I like it :xmas:

thank u....i saw pics of ur room (s).......really gorgeous pictures, i must say...... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.