Tokyo wins hosting of 2020 Olympics

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
The preparation and construction of facilities for 2020 Olympics may help pull Japan out of 20 years of deflation.

Definitely major Japanese camera manufacturers will produce special 2020 Olympics collector/commemoration camera models.

Given the Japanese attention to detail, they will make the 2020 Olympics successful. After all they did it in 1964.

Will be great boost for Japan's tourism industry.

Guess it is no contest among the 3 countries.

• Madrid (Spain) - now suffering financial destruction. Just look at their depressing property ghost towns. How to host Olympics successfully.

• Instanbul (Turkey) - poor Turkey, it lost because of an event totally out of its control. Everyone is afraid that the impending USA strike at Syria will escalate into full scale war involving the countries bordering Syria. Turkey is one of them. Also serious internal riots within Turkey now suggest it may not be stable in near future.

Last edited:
Definitely major Japanese camera manufacturers will produce special 2020 Olympics collector/commemoration camera models.

It is called Olympus: :bsmilie:

Olympus_E-510_Digital_SLR_Camera_Review_Front_Lens_Optical_Zoom.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help it but I keep thinking of those cute jap xmm......

Good for Japan...
Let's see if they can fix / lie / cover the radiation leak issues.
Japanese don't like to feel vulnerable or admit fault.. the government kept insisting the radiation issue is fixed... but its only getting worse..

Reactions: sjackal
it is entirely a different issue. stop behaving like a small boy.. grow up. stop complaining

? Complaining?
The PM promised the issue will be fixed..
I hope for his country sake that it will be.
I guess radiation that can kill someone within hours is a small boy issue to you... old boy?

Japan chose a good mascot. Doraemon the cosmic cat with magic pocket, Japan’s most lovable anime cartoon character.

Photo credit: Fujiko Pro
main-qimg-88bfa5b648f7b4cd7e262d7edfe770f5

Last edited:
dreaming complaining about someone complaining.

wow.

it is entirely a different issue. stop behaving like a small boy.. grow up. stop complaining

i suggest you go back and read my post against the thread title. stop behaving like a small boy. this ain't about Radiation.

Pete has a valid point. and since we're discussing Tokyo hosting the 2020 Olympics, it's only natural when we think about the implications of the radiation too.

Also, Pete isn't really complaining here. in fact, you're complaining that he's complaining (which is something that he isn't doing)

i suggest that you cool down and go think about it before calling someone a small boy, lest people say it back to you.

Nah...

Gundam as the Olympic maascot!

512x.jpg

Pete has a valid point. and since we're discussing Tokyo hosting the 2020 Olympics, it's only natural when we think about the implications of the radiation too.

Also, Pete isn't really complaining here. in fact, you're complaining that he's complaining (which is something that he isn't doing)

i suggest that you cool down and go think about it before calling someone a small boy, lest people say it back to you.

I don't know what he is on about...

Olympics is not only about sports. It's about tourists, people coming and the safety of everyone going, be it sportsmen, tourists, or spectators is vital.

I guess some folks can't take alternate viewpoints...

:)

ok. then you better start complaining to IOC while fever is still hot... please remind them about the fukushima nuclear radiator radiation..

I think you are the one digressing, complaining .... perhaps you should change your name to complaining instead..

All of us are discussing about Tokyo, Olympics and the ramifications of radiation on the event.

I don't see why you have to be so rude and nasty to another person whose opinions differ from yours.

You are the small person not him and your upbringing is evident in your behavior behind the screen.

Actually my eyes are on both, since I get 2 eyes.

How I wish I got insect eyes. :bsmilie:

Japan invokes such passion :)