Tokina lens with Canon EOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0t0type

Feb 16, 2002
East
Visit site
Hi guys, wanted to get a Tokina lens, currently look at the AF 19-35mm one. Can I use it on my Canon EOS 88 (plz dun laugh :embrass: )? How good is this lens?

Thanks for info.

Of cos u can use it on a canon. Just get one with canon mount. I think someone is selling at buy/sell sect. Just do a search.

Abt performance I am not too sure as I didn't have this lens.

Originally posted by binbeto
Of cos u can use it on a canon. Just get one with canon mount. I think someone is selling at buy/sell sect. Just do a search.
Don't be too sure. Some Tokina lenses are known to have compatibility problems with some Canon bodies. Some versions of the 28-70/80 ATX Pro would not focus properly with newer EOS bodies. It is best to test the lens with the body before buying it.

Guys, how about Tamron lens? Any good? Saw a similar specs 19-35mm by Tamron, looks good.

Originally posted by Pr0t0type
Guys, how about Tamron lens? Any good? Saw a similar specs 19-35mm by Tamron, looks good.

IMHO, feel tht out of those 3rd party lens manufacturer, only Sigma is the best, maybe u wanna check it out?

Well, not to say tamron or tokina is bad, just personal preference and after trying out, plus feedbacks from frens with 3rd party lenses for canon.

Originally posted by cheechee
IMHO, feel tht out of those 3rd party lens manufacturer, only Sigma is the best, maybe u wanna check it out?

Well, not to say tamron or tokina is bad, just personal preference and after trying out, plus feedbacks from frens with 3rd party lenses for canon.

Hmm, well, I used to hear a few years back that Sigma used to have AF compatibility with Canon too....

Originally posted by cheechee

it's also a common fact that Sigma's build quality is not very confidence-inspiring. and some used lens dealers actually shun Sigma

but Sigma does have a few excellent lenses... take the 70-200 f/2.8 EX for example.

my previous trail n errors suggest that tokina for EOS is not so good i nterms of AF. last time i tried a 300mm/2.8 tokina atx pro on eos 3 and te AF was sluggish. ie dissapointing. for optical quality i think tokina atx pros will be more or less ok. for tokina non atx pros ...duh.. use common sense..hehehe

for optical quality i think tokina atx pros will be more or less ok. for tokina non atx pros ...duh.. use common sense..hehehe

Hmmmm I think these cheaper lenses exists for 1 reason, for people like me who cannot afford good and expensive lenses to cover more focal length.

I for 1 cannot afford to buy a Nikon wide angle lens, thus I use a Tokina AF 19-35mm.

Originally posted by Freed
Hmmmm I think these cheaper lenses exists for 1 reason, for people like me who cannot afford good and expensive lenses to cover more focal length.

I for 1 cannot afford to buy a Nikon wide angle lens, thus I use a Tokina AF 19-35mm.

Haha, yeah I also simply cannot fork out so much money for lens. Value for money is more important to me rather than performance.

Actually I managed to try the Tokina AF193 yesterday on a EOS 30 myself. Seems good enough for me.

I also get to feel the Tamron one, but not tested on a camera. The shop owner claims that the Tamron one will not have vignetting even using normal filters as compare to Tokina. How true is this?

I don't think so. The last time I heard there is vignetting. There will be so long as it is a wide angle zoom in that range.

From the viewfinder I find that Tokina is brighter ... probably due to the HLD (High Refraction, Low Dispersion) element.

Status
Not open for further replies.