Tokina ATX PRO 28-70mm f2.6-2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC1808

Nov 22, 2008
West
Hi there,

Anyone using this lens? I need to know if this lens works when camera set in fully auto mode. I tried if I set in fully auto mode, it cant be auto focus ; but if I switch the camera to Manual mode I can focus it manually and no problem.

Do you all know why?

The zooming ring is at lower part,the focusing ring is at upper part.

3110018887_2197594367_o.jpg

For this lens AF/MF is by pulling focusing ring up & down,
you might accidently pull down to MF during your shoot.
Just my 2 cents.....;)

what is the body that you are using it on?

For this lens AF/MF is by pulling focusing ring up & down,
you might accidently pull down to MF during your shoot.
Just my 2 cents.....;)

Is it? Haha yesterday I dont there to make the move (scare later spoil the lens) Tonight I'll try ;) Thanks nik34 !

what is the body that you are using it on?

Hi luntut,
I'm using it on D90.

I have 2 pcs of this lens

Wow, 2 pcs :bigeyes: they're so heavy....

Is it? Haha yesterday I dont there to make the move (scare later spoil the lens) Tonight I'll try ;) Thanks nik34 !

Hi luntut,
I'm using it on D90.

Wow, 2 pcs :bigeyes: they're so heavy....
this baby is built like a tank!

i dropped it on the floor, rolled on the floor... still works!

this baby the front element if you push down correctly will MF but if lift up will AF.

hard to explain. when you wanna AF, make sure its up. it might have been pulled down and you held wrongly and caused it to not AF.

also check your body isit set to MF?

If I understand correctly this lens will AF when the ring is eitehr up or down. Just that when it's up it's much faster.

i dropped it on the floor, rolled on the floor... still works!

this baby the front element if you push down correctly will MF but if lift up will AF.

hard to explain. when you wanna AF, make sure its up. it might have been pulled down and you held wrongly and caused it to not AF.

also check your body isit set to MF?

i rem ur nick.. next time u sell, i surely wont buy !! ;p;p

I remember this lens can do AF in both MF and AF configurations. But of course with MF you can actually see the focusing.

This lens tends to have cooler color tones. You will need to make your pictures warmer to make it look better.

I remember this lens can do AF in both MF and AF configurations. But of course with MF you can actually see the focusing.

If I understand correctly this lens will AF when the ring is eitehr up or down. Just that when it's up it's much faster.

Hi All, thanks for feedback. haha all of you are right ;p my lens was setted as show in my previous photo 'AF & MF ' that's why I cant focused it while in fully auto mode. But I had push it down and now only show ' MF ' on the lens, I can focused it in fully auto or manual mode without any problem THANKS! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.