Tokina AT-XM 100PRO D

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukubird

May 11, 2005
Saw it on the newspaper yesterday anyone can tell this new Macro len is it good to buy? The quality is as good as Nikon len?

8626345.463a77.jpg

12-24mm is a very good lens! :thumbsup:

but the price stated there is too high.. MS colour is selling $860 w/o freebies.

& lords is selling grey set at $680

but the marco lens sure looks tempting to me.. i'll check with MS abt the price :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

ATX 100 ProD is great, construction wise is so solid, also with the pull and push mechanism it is easy to use manual and auto focus.
If you don't mind to loose 2 stop at macro 1:1.
this lens is not a constance f2.8 it will be f5.6 at 1:1.

i bought the 12-24 at $890 last nov from cp

sharp_shooter said:
ATX 100 ProD is great, construction wise is so solid, also with the pull and push mechanism it is easy to use manual and auto focus.

wtf tat stinks...:(

zhang3feng said:
wtf tat stinks...:(

If I'm not wrong, all macro lenses, even Canon or Nikon originals also cannot maintain constant aperture as you change focal distance.

benedium said:
If I'm not wrong, all macro lenses, even Canon or Nikon originals also cannot maintain constant aperture as you change focal distance.

really??? coz i dunt hv any marco lenes.. so dunno if the f stop will change or not when the focus distance changes...

anyone can share their marco lens details?

sharp_shooter said:
This is a characteristic of all macro lens, aperture gets smaller when you zoom in to 1:1. prob to accomode the DOF at that focus length. Imagine f2.8 dof at 1:1 reproduction :sweat: man that is some blur pics.

sharp_shooter said:

I read from somewhere about this lens. The F5.6 is an indication of effective aperture, not the actual aperture. You will still achieve the DOF of 2.8 althought the LCD read F5.6.

I dont see any problem...f5 and above are the most likely used aperture when shooting macro most of the time

i saw a review of this lens on the latest Shutterbug Magazine... seems like a good piece of glass all round... usual price it seems is at $1.3k at Cathay, so $545 is a real steal...

Usual price at 1.3k? Damn that is a major rip off? RRP doesnt even exceed 1k for that lens.

TMC said:
Usual price at 1.3k? Damn that is a major rip off? RRP doesnt even exceed 1k for that lens.

$1.3k is the price on the price tag... yeah u know Cathay lah.. cannot trust their price tag prices coz they always give discounts off the price tag price, need to ask.. but I didn't bother to ask...

i bought mine months back at $645-00, now at $545-00... it's a good buy. i haven't really used it for macro, but the build is solid.

wah..more headache liao..

i have more or less decided on a tamron 90mm, then now this.. was seh.. how to decide!!?!? help pls? :confused:

mohgui said:
i bought mine months back at $645-00, now at $545-00... it's a good buy. i haven't really used it for macro, but the build is solid.
can post some images from this lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.