Tokina 500mm f8 Mirror Lens Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

longko

Sep 7, 2006
Balestier
Recieved this yesterday, but my sensor was too dirty to have a good test. So after getting the Giottos rocket from CP, my sensor is finally clean

Anyway, heres a couple of good test shot. It was cloudy outside, so I wasn't able to get a good shutter speed. All shots are handheld.

Raw resized
tokina1fh3.jpg

100% cropped
tokina1cxk1.jpg

Raw resized
tokina2ba8.jpg

100% cropped
tokina2cxq6.jpg

After PP
tokina2ppsu9.jpg

The shots look OOF. You could try refocusing a taking a few more shots, if object remains stationary. Focusing on a bright day would be easier.

Finally your monster is here! :D
Enjoy your shoot with this bigmama...

Shooting the moon will be very fun.:bsmilie:

The shots look OOF. You could try refocusing a taking a few more shots, if object remains stationary. Focusing on a bright day would be easier.

I got it focus (the red flashing beeping there), but deal to shutter speed 1/30-1/90, it hard to get it right:bsmilie: My hands still not used to its weight yet :bsmilie:

Still waiting for the 15th day, hope the sky will be clear then lol

the bird after pp is a little too sharpened imo.

the bird after pp is a little too sharpened imo.

Yeap. I over unsharp mask it. Lazy to set back to 3 from 6:bsmilie: Was using auto editing:bsmilie:

Yeap. I over unsharp mask it. Lazy to set back to 3 from 6:bsmilie: Was using auto editing:bsmilie:

orh. :p

how much did you have to pay for the lens?

orh. :p

how much did you have to pay for the lens?

Lens was priced at US$75 but I best offer US$65 and got it;) But since the seller wants to send by express, I ended up paying US$35 for shipping:bsmilie:

Lens was priced at US$75 but I best offer US$65 and got it;) But since the seller wants to send by express, I ended up paying US$35 for shipping:bsmilie:

good stuff!

wow..that's cheap! and the images are quite good considering its hand held (even with SR on)

Recieved this yesterday, but my sensor was too dirty to have a good test. So after getting the Giottos rocket from CP, my sensor is finally clean

Anyway, heres a couple of good test shot. It was cloudy outside, so I wasn't able to get a good shutter speed. All shots are handheld.

Looks quite okay for handheld shots w/ that kind of focal length. But better do some test w/ a sturdy tripod and see what you can get from this lens. For MF tele lens, better use a tripod to get better results.

Here's a quick test shot of it mounted on tripod;)

Resized raw
tokin5003.jpg

100% cropped
tokin5003c.jpg

After PP
tokin5003pp.jpg

Isn't a mirror lens like this? :think:

Isn't a mirror lens like this? :think:

it's hard to get focus on an MF lens without a split screen prism...

looks pretty sharp to me. :)
I think with 10mp, 100% crop always looks a bit soft. (or maybe all my shots were out of focus :) )

That's a raw shot as into jpg:)

Status
Not open for further replies.