tokina 28-70mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

reny

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I'm considering getting the tokina ATX pro II 28-70/2.6-2.8. what is the difference between this lense and the PROSV 28-70/2.8 besides the fix aperture?

I would say not much difference.
I used to own the 28-70 f/2.8.
Really good lens but heavy though!

ScoobaKev said:
I would say not much difference.
I used to own the 28-70 f/2.8.
Really good lens but heavy though!

ya. the weight is bothering me a bit.

reny said:
I'm considering getting the tokina ATX pro II 28-70/2.6-2.8. what is the difference between this lense and the PROSV 28-70/2.8 besides the fix aperture?

I used to have both, can't see much difference. Someone selling his 4 yr old ATX Pro II 28-70 /f2.6-2.8 for $400 then now $300.

A new Pro Sv from Cathay thru I-Quote should fetch you $368 with GST included.

blurblock said:
I used to have both, can't see much difference. Someone selling his 4 yr old ATX Pro II 28-70 /f2.6-2.8 for $400 then now $300.

A new Pro Sv from Cathay thru I-Quote should fetch you $368 with GST included.

ya. i'm considering buying from him, if i can accept the weight, so am thinking if it's more worthwhile getting the Pro Sv new instead.

reny said:
ya. i'm considering buying from him, if i can accept the weight, so am thinking if it's more worthwhile getting the Pro Sv new instead.

if the optical quality is the same why not?

TME said:
if the optical quality is the same why not?

Well, there is a conception where older lens are sometime better then newer lens, the Tokina f/2.6-f/2.8 is one of the most successful lens Tokina ever build.

thanks to all who replied. i've got the tokina 2.6-2.8 from lhjz (nice guy). lens was very well-maintained and looks like new. it's heavier than my camera body though. hope i'll put it into good use.

reny said:
thanks to all who replied. i've got the tokina 2.6-2.8 from lhjz (nice guy). lens was very well-maintained and looks like new. it's heavier than my camera body though. hope i'll put it into good use.

Cool :) ...... you will definately love it :) ..... I did ..... although now I switch to a old minolta lens, which is very much lighter :).

Status
Not open for further replies.