tokina 28-70mm


Status
Not open for further replies.

reny

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
96
0
0
Visit site
I'm considering getting the tokina ATX pro II 28-70/2.6-2.8. what is the difference between this lense and the PROSV 28-70/2.8 besides the fix aperture?
 

ScoobaKev

Senior Member
May 27, 2004
873
0
16
I would say not much difference.
I used to own the 28-70 f/2.8.
Really good lens but heavy though!
 

reny

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
96
0
0
Visit site
ScoobaKev said:
I would say not much difference.
I used to own the 28-70 f/2.8.
Really good lens but heavy though!
ya. the weight is bothering me a bit.
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,820
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
reny said:
I'm considering getting the tokina ATX pro II 28-70/2.6-2.8. what is the difference between this lense and the PROSV 28-70/2.8 besides the fix aperture?
I used to have both, can't see much difference. Someone selling his 4 yr old ATX Pro II 28-70 /f2.6-2.8 for $400 then now $300.

A new Pro Sv from Cathay thru I-Quote should fetch you $368 with GST included.
 

reny

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
96
0
0
Visit site
blurblock said:
I used to have both, can't see much difference. Someone selling his 4 yr old ATX Pro II 28-70 /f2.6-2.8 for $400 then now $300.

A new Pro Sv from Cathay thru I-Quote should fetch you $368 with GST included.
ya. i'm considering buying from him, if i can accept the weight, so am thinking if it's more worthwhile getting the Pro Sv new instead.
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,579
0
0
44
Clementi
reny said:
ya. i'm considering buying from him, if i can accept the weight, so am thinking if it's more worthwhile getting the Pro Sv new instead.

if the optical quality is the same why not?
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,820
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
TME said:
if the optical quality is the same why not?
Well, there is a conception where older lens are sometime better then newer lens, the Tokina f/2.6-f/2.8 is one of the most successful lens Tokina ever build.
 

reny

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
96
0
0
Visit site
thanks to all who replied. i've got the tokina 2.6-2.8 from lhjz (nice guy). lens was very well-maintained and looks like new. it's heavier than my camera body though. hope i'll put it into good use.
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,820
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
reny said:
thanks to all who replied. i've got the tokina 2.6-2.8 from lhjz (nice guy). lens was very well-maintained and looks like new. it's heavier than my camera body though. hope i'll put it into good use.
Cool :) ...... you will definately love it :) ..... I did ..... although now I switch to a old minolta lens, which is very much lighter :).
 

Status
Not open for further replies.