Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 User Group

Tucksoon said:
Bro u kena BBB? :D

Nope im not on BBB virus. I literally need an uwa. Coz i only have tele lens. I dont have any uwa or wa lens. Lol

BrownBoots said:
Brought the 11-16mm on a 3.5mth backpack trip to Europe and shot numerous landscape with it.

While there are many UWA lens out there, the f2.8 of the 11-16mm definitely is an edge over the rest if you are on a tight budget. The below shot is an example of what f2.8 can do.

More 11-16mm shots can be viewed from my thread.

2.8 for landscapes ?

Hi Bros,

Just want to ask if any of you bought this lens in HK before? Does it carry international warranty? I bought my tamron there and it does have 1year international warranty.

2.8 for landscapes ?

What I meant was I shot numerous landscape with this lens but not necessary at f2.8 as you implied.

The 2.8 will come in useful when shooting Aurora as in my example. This make the lens extremely versatile for landscape as well as milky way & aurora shots which demand as fast a shutter speed as possible.

Apologies if I've caused you any misunderstanding.

Having said that, as Cowseye pointed out, there are also people who do shoot landscape at 2.8 depending on their style.

Definitely a good budget lens worth buying.

Last edited:
I bought one last week in Mongkok , there is a 2 year international warranty cert in the box.

I bought one last week in Mongkok , there is a 2 year international warranty cert in the box.

Which shop in Mongkok? How much you paid for it? Grey set or local?

Just purchased this lens. Tried it on a birthday event for group shots, candid shots, as well as portraits. Its fast, sharp, so wide and quiet usm. The distortion is tolerable. But i dont know how to correct the distortion in LR. I dont see any option for it. Any help? Also any preferred filter, or square filter for it? Tnx

Hi jakedgreatz

May I know how much you pay and where?

Just purchased this lens. Tried it on a birthday event for group shots, candid shots, as well as portraits. Its fast, sharp, so wide and quiet usm. The distortion is tolerable. But i dont know how to correct the distortion in LR. I dont see any option for it. Any help? Also any preferred filter, or square filter for it? Tnx

Hi jakedgreatz

May I know how much you pay and where?
bns will cost you from 800 and up. you looking for one? maybe i can help you.

Anyone know where to get the lens profile for LR3 (mac/windows) i can't seem to correct the distortion w/ tokina 11-16.

jakedgreatz said:
bns will cost you from 800 and up. you looking for one? maybe i can help you.

Anyone know where to get the lens profile for LR3 (mac/windows) i can't seem to correct the distortion w/ tokina 11-16.

No need for profile actually, just switch it to manual and adjust accordingly. It's more accurate than with a profile.

i just got this lens.

Just wanna ask if i should be getting a slim filter or will a normal one do?

i just got this lens.

Just wanna ask if i should be getting a slim filter or will a normal one do?

Slim, B+W brand with nano coating..

just bought this superb (and also my first UWA) lens last saturday from TK Foto. was actually contemplating between the 11-16mm vs Canon's 10-22mm but no regrets getting the Tokina. one of the main reason why I bought was to prep for my upcoming 2-week trip to Europe

did some test shots over the weekend to share with the bros here. love the dramatic effect!

as usual, C&C welcome!

img2540m.jpg

img2565d.jpg

img2524ps.jpg

img2519ph.jpg

img2518r.jpg

Bros/Sis, does a 5mm-thick filter rim cause vignette at 11mm?

Thanks Cowseye, was thinking of getting the Hoya HMC THIN filter @5mm.

Wondering if anyone with actual setup who can also share their experiences?

Just got this lens recently from a second hand shop at peninsula plaza for $600 with 6 months local warranty left. My first uwa lens :)

Tested it out and loving this lens..

If I want to get a ND filter, is there any recommended ones that I can get?

Just got this lens recently from a second hand shop at peninsula plaza for $600 with 6 months local warranty left. My first uwa lens :)

Tested it out and loving this lens..

If I want to get a ND filter, is there any recommended ones that I can get?

I guess the Hoya ND400 and B+W ND110 are quite highly recommended.