Token fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Melvin,
Yes, I agree that if the landlord signed and exclusivity clause, them she has to deal with the landlord's broker.

However, this does not mean she needs to pay the broker because it is the landlord who must pay the broker. In other words, the landlord contracted the broker, not my friend. Therefore, she does not need to pay the broker anything.

The thing that is pissing me off is that she already paid the deposit and now the broker says that if she does not pay the $800 by the weekend, she will forfeit the down payment. I am really ready to let tis guy have it.

Thanks Melvin,
Yes, I agree that if the landlord signed and exclusivity clause, them she has to deal with the landlord's broker.

However, this does not mean she needs to pay the broker because it is the landlord who must pay the broker. In other words, the landlord contracted the broker, not my friend. Therefore, she does not need to pay the broker anything.

The thing that is pissing me off is that she already paid the deposit and now the broker says that if she does not pay the $800 by the weekend, she will forfeit the down payment. I am really ready to let tis guy have it.

Report report..report to some agency similar to the HK ICAC..down to those unscrupulous agents

Thanks Melvin,

Snice it is exclusive, it is as good as dealing with the agt be it she found the pl herself or not.

Did he nego to the price she wanted, if he did i say it is fair enough to give a token (no hard and fast rule) not neccassary be amountted to the comm's amount.

I think is not worth to have the $800 forfeitted due to agts token. As i said he mention token check wif the agt how much token he wants n try to nego it.

Just tell agt that as long as the rental amt is more then $2500 she can NO Need to pay comm.

Or tell her to tell him that she will give him an ang bao after the deal is done how much then up to ur friend!

If ur friend thinks he not worth the token or ang bao then .................

That's the thing, the rental is more than 2,500, it is 3,500. From what I understand, no need any "token fee"

That's the thing, the rental is more than 2,500, it is 3,500. From what I understand, no need any "token fee"

If u all think it is worth to risk the deposit for the token then go ahead lor ... As i say there is no hard and fast rule and the no comm need to be paid if rental is more then $2500. It is only a guideline not a ruling. :)

Anyway the guidelines will only for till this month next month no more liao...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.