khairi

Apr 6, 2004
yishun
inbloomblog.multiply.com
toiletpost01.jpg

toiletpost02.jpg

toiletpost03.jpg

toiletpost04.jpg

ahh.. this series is much better than the previous one... I love the stark look with good simple shapes as attention.

My fav goes to the 3rd one for that unique composition...
the 4th is very special... the tap looks very surreal :)

Good effort :thumbsup:

The tap works for me too.

care to share the settings and how u did it for the 4th pic? Very interesting.

khairi, thanks for sharing. great shots for simple everyday objects. :thumbsup:

the 3rd & 4th are my fav in this series.

now u make me wanna go shoot my toilet bowl ... :embrass:

oohhh... very nice!

i like the 4th pic, looks very sureal. the 1st is great too, i'm a sucker for symetry and form. very moody tones. :thumbsup:

toilets never looked this good.

:thumbsup:

renegade said:
how bout organizin a toilet shoot huh? ;p

good idea. how many CSers can we fit into your toilet?

:think:

Is that film grain used in the pictures?
Just wondering.

i'm sorry for my ignorance but how do you guys appreciate these shots?
is there something to look out for in a piece of abstract? what contributes to a good pic?

I can't see anything special in the above pics.

I'm not saying that they aren't good but I'm trying to learn how to appreciate these stuff.

yanyewkay said:
is there something to look out for in a piece of abstract? what contributes to a good pic?

I'm not saying that they aren't good but I'm trying to learn how to appreciate these stuff.

It's very hard to explain how some people appreciate certain shots and how some don't. I always believe that if I can't appreciate certain shots, I won't try to learn how to appreciate them. Really. So usually it's either 'like it or you don't' ... simple. Less headache. ;p

yanyewkay said:

if an abstract (photo/painting) doesnt intrigue you or move your thought or feel...than, that shot will not be the one for you...abstract is large...what you like will be your abstract and others might not like your abstract at all...

khairi said:
if an abstract (photo/painting) doesnt intrigue you or move your thought or feel...than, that shot will not be the one for you...abstract is large...what you like will be your abstract and others might not like your abstract at all...

Just to add on a bit... abstract or in this case, still life, could give a different perspective to everyday object that one wouldn't take a second look at. For instance, once a certain image make a certain impression in you, like the tap shot in khairi's series, you wouldn't look at the next tap the same way as you did before.

Also, shots like these could exaggerate proportions somewhat. Although proportional manipulations are normally seen in paintings, more "artistic" photographer manipulate proportions in their own little way. As for what does these manipulations achieve, well, it all depends on how the person feels about the final picture produced.

thanks everyone. I guess the best way to learn about it is to shoot it! :D

yanyewkay said:
thanks everyone. I guess the best way to learn about it is to shoot it! :D

before you do that if you do not have the EYE, the vision, then how you shoot also very hard to acheive, the most you do is copy, but you will never understand how to do it from the 'heart', your own idea.

try to understand the khairi concept of his picture, what i meant is why we like it so much, normally we dun see the way the artist (khairi) creates it, so its a breath of fresh idea that made many ppl here excited about his shots.

to create this feel you also need to learn to see and feel for your subject and try to look at it at your own point of view, to see a way we normally dun see it, then its special in your own way.

Belle&Sebastain said:
before you do that if you do not have the EYE, the vision, then how you shoot also very hard to acheive, the most you do is copy, but you will never understand how to do it from the 'heart', your own idea.

try to understand the khairi concept of his picture, what i meant is why we like it so much, normally we dun see the way the artist (khairi) creates it, so its a breath of fresh idea that must many ppl here excited about his shots.

to create this feel you also need to learn to see and feel for your subject and try to look at it at your own point of view, to see a way we normally dun see it, then its special in your own way.

well said.....

Status
Not open for further replies.