Toddler Potrait Taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingzyangz

May 8, 2008
47b8db35b3127ccec44805714ba600000056100AYt2zZizZtmIPbz4M

Hi, I enjoy taking pictures of babies / toddlers (though they are not mine) with natural expressions. Looking into how I can improve my skills.

Photo taken with a softmat filter (I am wondering if I should stop using it).
F2.0 and 1/1000 sec (vaguely remember the settings... have to check when I get home).

The picture was taken near a lift lobby area. I cropped it to allow more attention to the action of the toddler.

Looking forward to your comments. :)

lol... noted. i think next time i better leave out the soft filters.

soft mat? never heard before. but too soft leh.

its the same as a softener filter.

i think due to the large aperture.. when i focus on her eyes and recomposed the shot it went out of focus...

still practicing on my lens. :)

posted a few more pics here and awaiting comments too... heh.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379084

u probably bumped up ur iso for this shot when there was no need to. the noise is quite visible. the softness doesnt work at all.
ur focusing problem is probably due to your camera settings. check that u are using af lock and not the continuous focusing.

wow, i like those shots. especially #3.

lol... thanks! he was staring at Channelnewsasia. the moment u change to channel 8... he cries. o_O

47b8db35b3127ccec44805714ba600000056100AYt2zZizZtmIPbz4M

Hi, I enjoy taking pictures of babies / toddlers (though they are not mine) with natural expressions. Looking into how I can improve my skills.

Photo taken with a softmat filter (I am wondering if I should stop using it).
F2.0 and 1/1000 sec (vaguely remember the settings... have to check when I get home).

The picture was taken near a lift lobby area. I cropped it to allow more attention to the action of the toddler.

Looking forward to your comments. :)

Yeah, You should do away with the softmat. The photo is totally blurred. good timing though. Would be nice to get the eyes looking on the camera.

BTW, why do you use f/2 with soft mat?

Now, you will need to get your own babies/toddlers to capture images of.....:bsmilie:

Yeah, You should do away with the softmat. The photo is totally blurred. good timing though. Would be nice to get the eyes looking on the camera.

BTW, why do you use f/2 with soft mat?

Now, you will need to get your own babies/toddlers to capture images of.....:bsmilie:

lol... the softmat was on always on the lens on tat day. well.. when i was walking out of the house... she decided to pose all of a sudden so i just snapped not having the change to change the settings. >.<

well... guess next time i shall not leave the aperture at f/2 but rather a "safer" aperture.

Status
Not open for further replies.