Today is World Toilet Day

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Must commend Singapore's Jack Sim aka Mr Toilet and founder of the World Toilet Organisation

Sanitation is important for public health. Some parts of the world are without basic toilet facilities.

How many in CS experienced the trench toilets in the Taiwanese military bases during their NS overseas exercises?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/united-nations-declares-today-as-world-toilet-day-1.1599884

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/11/19/travel/world-toilet-day/

Last edited:
Yea!! No need to wash toilet today!! :vhappy:

Yea!! No need to wash toilet today!! :vhappy:

Dog never wash toilet :bsmilie:

But they sometimes drink from the toilet bowl :bsmilie:

images

Dog never wash toilet :bsmilie:

But they sometimes drink from the toilet bowl :bsmilie:
Need to wash because this cat made a mess out of it while having a drink too much :bsmilie:

6a00e54f12fb3c8834010536a99e0d970b-800wi_zps7a66898b.jpg

One of the biggest problems with our toilets is being wet. When you cannot keep them dry, it gets dirty very fast. Having a. Blower on the floor is a very bad idea. I can't imagine the gems being circulated within the toilet enclosure. Why NEA is subscribing to this?

One of the biggest problems with our toilets is being wet. When you cannot keep them dry, it gets dirty very fast. Having a. Blower on the floor is a very bad idea. I can't imagine the gems being circulated within the toilet enclosure. Why NEA is subscribing to this?
After uncle / auntie poured their bleach stuff on the floor there's nothing much left to be blown around. Stop scaremongering. A sneeze in the office with a badly maintained aircon filter brings more germs to the people. Do you know how fast germs can travel in n aircon bus? SBS/SMRT should switch of the aircon and open all windows instead.

I don't think any aircon system is designed to filter germs. Surely recirculating the air within an enclosure isn't helpful. Extraction and introducing fresh air are better options.

In my opinion, those floor blowers are designed for cleaners to blow dry after washing and not meant to be left switched on throughout.

I don't think any aircon system is designed to filter germs.
A proper aircon is designed with filters that can hold back such small items. Even car aircon system have filters for pollen and other fine particles. The question is rather whether the filters are properly installed and maintained.
This is independent from where the air is taken from.

To many of us.... toilet is a must and we take it for granted.. do you know that 2.6 billion people, 72% of whom live in Asia do not use sanitation facilities

Last edited:
Yes 19 Nov is WTO Day!

I think we should not just focus on the toilet facility. I remember once in shanghai, one guy doing his big business without closing the door while reading newspaper and smoking at the same time!

I think we should not just focus on the toilet facility. I remember once in shanghai, one guy doing his big business without closing the door while reading newspaper and smoking at the same time!

I heard from my co-worker today that the doors of the toilet cubicle at Woodlands Waterfront have been stolen :(

If you need to do big business there, remember to bring a umbrella to cover :bsmilie:

I remember once in shanghai, one guy doing his big business without closing the door while reading newspaper and smoking at the same time!
And? That's pretty common in many countries. Chose your smell :bsmilie:

I heard from my co-worker today that the doors of the toilet cubicle at Woodlands Waterfront have been stolen :(

If you need to do big business there, remember to bring a umbrella to cover :bsmilie:

Most of our gents toilets here are without doors any way.

The authorities don't see the need to install them. :)

Most of our gents toilets here are without doors any way.
The authorities don't see the need to install them. :)
Honest citizens have no sh*t to hide, right? ;)

Most of our gents toilets here are without doors any way. The authorities don't see the need to install them. :)

Heck when I was in Ala Moana shopping centre in Hawaii in the early 90s the gent's toilets had no doors! I see some things haven't changed with regard to men's toilets. HAHAHAHAHA.

.. I was at Dhaka, Bangladesh

Guy just swatted along the road side, face a wall, pulled up their sarong and started to do small business.