Today is the 69th anniversary of the Fall of Singapore

King Tiger

May 11, 2004
In the heart of SengKang
www.worldwar2aces.com
69 years ago today, 15 Feb 1942, the British army surrendered to the Imperial Japanese Army.

This was immediately followed by the Sook Ching massacre, where an estimate of 50,000 local population were executed by the Japanese.

Singapore suffered 3 years 8 months of harsh occupation.

P.S. The message is not to bring hatred, but to remember and not to forget
what our forefathers have seen and endure during the darkness age of Singapore history.

Sorry for posting during CNY festival.

69 years ago today, 15 Feb 1942, the British army surrendered to the Imperial Japanese Army.

This was immediately followed by the Sook Ching massacre, where an estimate of 50,000 local population were executed by the Japanese.

Singapore suffered 3 years 8 months of harsh occupation.

P.S. The message is not to bring hatred, but to remember and not to forget
what our forefathers have seen and endure during the darkness age of Singapore history.

Sorry for posting during CNY festival.

Unlike many countries where there are more sites and events to commemorate the World Wars, there are very few activities in Singapore to remind us of the hardships of war and the value of peace.

It is a good reminder on why we must serve NS to protect our families and love one.

This really reminds me of my late uncle who went through the dark days….When I was young, he told me how hard life he and his family during that time under the Japanese. :(