today is Mooncake Festival ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm now in shenzhen... greetings from sz!! Had a mooncake and a Asahi beer (S$0.90!!!!!! WOWWW) Mooncakes were sold out at most of the bakery shops and it's selling like hot cakes as compared to singapore.

Ppl on the streets were pointing to the bright round moon in the sky and kid were carrying lanterns on the street. Street vendors were selling fire pyrotechnics like "pop pop" and even mini fireworks for just (S$1). Not too bad to spend my time with the locals to celebrate a real mooncake festival in china for the very 1st time.

The locals told me that mooncake festival is the 2nd most impt day to eat dinner with their family after CNY. They'll eat their dinner ard 9-10pm where the moon is up and the brightest. Eat and appreaciate "sang yue liang" at the same time. I had my dinner at a eating place and the eating place is rather quiet compared to normal days. Guess that families are at home preparing dinner and having dinner together.

Zhong Qiu Jie Kuai Le once again =)

wah! envy!

here soo quiet.. only a few spatter of kids downstairs just now. :(

singapore really nothing.....

My place dun even have kids or anyone carrying lanterns. Felt like buying 1 of those classic paper ones and walk around my neighbourhood. :bsmilie:

Oh sh!t. Now we'll stay up all night waiting for his post :sweat:

So you still up waiting for his post?? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.