Toa Payoh Park Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Had a chance to shoot today at Toa Payoh park today. Almost went home empty handed as could not find any thing to shoot. But at a patch just behind the pond, chance upon this caterpillar that rolled up a leaf and stay inside the leaf (there were many of them) and they ate the leaf edges, and hid inside when I approach....very interesting. After seeing that, I notice the Kidney Garden Spider, and also a red jumping spider with a nest, BUT scooted off bef I could shoot. Chance upon a Lynx eating a meal....and did not see that until back home on my monitor.

As usual, appreciate any of your comments.

FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, Ext bounce flash , ISO 50, F8, Speeds from 1/125-1/160s

#1: Caterpillar
It really has an ugly head....all black and white body. Found lots of them rolled up in its leaf
55203418-M.jpg

#2: Eating its edges
55203330-M.jpg

#3: Kidney Garden Spider
This spider has an interesting abdomen, it looks like a frowning man face! I took one some time back and you can see more details of this spider here
55203500-M.jpg

#4: Threading its nest
55203256-M.jpg

#5: Rear Eyes?
Notice something today.....does the rear of the spider looks like some spider eyes???
55204264-M.jpg

#6: Lynx feeding
55203955-M.jpg

#7 Another angle
55204061-M.jpg

#8: Closer view
55203823-M.jpg

Any comments good or bad are welcomed! Thanks!

Thanks Outlook. Appreciate that!:)

Some nice shots and interesting comments and usseful info you have provided.
Have not been visiting the park for a long time. Your shots inspired me to go there.

Federick said:
Some nice shots and interesting comments and usseful info you have provided.
Have not been visiting the park for a long time. Your shots inspired me to go there.

Thanks Federick!

BTW, I was there yesterday (shots are here), an when I went back to the same spot of the caterpillar, they were gone! None to be found. FYI.

Fed, go there take the shots of the plants where the cats were feednig then PM or email me... hehehe

kam sia.

sumball said:
Fed, go there take the shots of the plants where the cats were feednig then PM or email me... hehehe
kam sia.

Ok, will go down tomorrow or Wed evening after work. So likely to use my Z1 to shoot.
Hope the cats still there.

nice series.

looks like instead of going all the way to SBG or alexandra, maybe i should just pop down to toa payoh park or bishan park instead. so much nearer, and a nice variety of insects...

Thanks Pai! Actually the insects/spiders are everywhere....sometimes at some small patch of vegetation, you can find funny critters to shoot.

tchuanye said:
Thanks Pai! Actually the insects/spiders are everywhere....sometimes at some small patch of vegetation, you can find funny critters to shoot.
that is the beauty of macro, subjects everywhere

BTW I like #1 and #6

WOW!!! :bigeyes: CY, what can I say again?!?! Hmmm....Time to upgrade!!! I think there is no more juice you can squeeze out of the FZ10!!!;p

I'll be waiting for that day to come! hehehe....;p

Status
Not open for further replies.