Toa Payoh Park Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
Was at the Toa Payoh hub today and had 2hrs to shoot. Went to the park opposite the hub to shoot. First time been there. Walked around and found several types of flowers, and plenty of yellow butts...which I never had the chance to shoot as they were always flying! So mainly took spiders.

Appreciate any critique pls. Thanks!

EQUIPMENT: FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, ISO 50, Ext bounced flash, F8 various speeds

#1: Spider
1/60s
52449368-L.jpg

#2: Web 1
1/100s
No flash
52449295-L.jpg

#3: Web 2
1/100s
52449186-L.jpg

#4: Jumping Spider (dunno which type?)
1/100s
52447553-L.jpg

I like #2. The lighting is very pleasing to me. Composition looks fine though it's right in the center;p

I stay opposite and hardly find spider there...next time must make a detail search lor!:(
Good shot n Thanks for the sharing..
I do have one shot yesterday...hope you dun mind me using your thread...to share with everyone that TPY garden also can do macro....

4.jpg
[/IMG]

melvynyeo said:
I like #2. The lighting is very pleasing to me. Composition looks fine though it's right in the center;p

Thanks Melvyn! You are right that its too center....did not really notice it...I just adjust the crop till it felt right..and end up center.

Minlon said:
I stay opposite and hardly find spider there...next time must make a detail search lor!:(
Good shot n Thanks for the sharing..
I do have one shot yesterday...hope you dun mind me using your thread...to share with everyone that TPY garden also can do macro....

My first time there too! Will be there more often now as my son has some class there sunday pm. I saw many DFs flying but did not see one perched! Maybe next time!

two more to add....

1/100s
52448022-M.jpg

1/100s
52447381-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.