To what size do I crop images to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzizz81

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
For sending to photolabs?
Please advise:D

You need a ratio of 3:2 for the photos to be developed. I advise you leaving your photos un-resized, then cropped to the ratio and send to the lab :)

3:2 is for 4R shots. I've sent 3:2 to labs for 12" x 18" enlargements and they had no problems. I guess 3:2 is fine.

*Please correct me if I'm wrong. You don't offend me, you only help me to learn :)

So that means the ratio is more important than the size?

make ur size the maximum possible. The more pixels the better. They will fit it in. But it has to be in the correct ratio.

Actually you don't really have to crop to ratio if you don't mind having two white borders at the sides of your photos. :)

Originally posted by espn
You need a ratio of 3:2 for the photos to be developed. I advise you leaving your photos un-resized, then cropped to the ratio and send to the lab :)

I guess 3:2 is fine.
[/i]

'strongly agree on the above, I have few hundreds of digital pics developed to photolab and they all cropped to 3:2 or 2:3 nothing more, nothing less. what you see on screen is what you see once developed. :thumbsup:

rgds.

Originally posted by espn

3:2 is for 4R shots. I've sent 3:2 to labs for 12" x 18" enlargements and they had no problems. I guess 3:2 is fine.

*Please correct me if I'm wrong. You don't offend me, you only help me to learn :)
\

yep i prefer to let the do the work...
they r doing all the time anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.