To what extend do you use photoshop?

Don't refuse... think of it this way...

In the film days, we would expose the negative. Now we expose the same digitally... and its called a RAW file.

In the film days, we would then make prints from this negative... and could control the time it remained in the wash, control the chemical agents that comprised the wash along with some other variables to achieve the type of look we wanted. Now we use image editing software (Photoshop, Elements, LightRoom, PaintshopPro, etc.) to achieve the look we want.

Even basic PP, decently done, will always add some more value to the final appearance of your images. Its rare that the image is absolutely perfect without some basic PP routine... at least that's my experience... I generally end up adjusting levels, shadow/highlights, saturation, etc. in PP... all of which just takes a few seconds per image... and which help to some degree to make my images POP!

Of course, shooting and exposing correctly OR a good composition also go a long way... and should become a habit. There is only so much one can do in PP within a short span of time... complicated PP routines take hours... not worth it for general snapshots.

My mantra is to shoot correctly first, then PP adequately next!

i strongly agree with you.:thumbsup:

i strongly agree with you.:thumbsup:

Thanks!

BTW, I really like the phrase below in your Signature Line!

"there are things known, and there are things unknown... in between are the doors"

So true!