To the left, to the left...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
This was taken during CNY period with my 50mm at f1.8.

Do comment in terms of composition on how this can be improved, thanks!

2301173841_5c1fc8c5c7.jpg

I think the camera got to go lower in terms of its angle. Afterall its a cute little kid and its impt to catch its eyes i believe. Go up close too, its alittle too wide at this range. Its quite lacking of a subject in this picture, the boy's glance doesn't make up for the lack of it.

Maybe just a framing of the boy looking and him holding the mother's hand can convey the message better. A picture of a curious boy?

just my simple suggestions :)

a lower angle, so that the kid doesn't look so pet-like.. would be more flattering for your subject

eye contact is not absolutely necessary, but when there is no eye contact the subject's pose has to be interesting.. here i do not find it as such

perhaps going closer (not very easy if you do not know the kid/parent, i know) might be better too, can throw the background out of focus more, right now the bokeh is not enough and it is still quite distracting.

Thanks for all your comments. Agree that getting lower will certainly improve the pic. Perhaps should have chosen a better background as well...

it will be nicer if crop until only left the child and the hand, blur the background if you do photoshop

You mean like that?

2301615157_cef7342a45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.