To sell or not to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintothezonex

Oct 20, 2008
East Side
I have a nikon 70-200mm f2.8 lens and i was wondering will it be a wise idea for me to sell that lens?
Been in my dry cabinet doing nothing and occasionally will shoot for motorbike races but that will be like 6mths once? Done for portraits as well but i feel that i dont like the idea of carrying such big lens around to take portraits.
I have no doubt it is a good lens and i love it so much and to me it is a good buy but i rather have a lens that i will also love and really make full use of it rather than it become a collectors item.
My other lens is 50mm f1.8..
Any suggestions?
:dunno:

Last edited:
Just sell it. Lenses are meant to be used and not to be kept in a dry box all the time. Unless you can afford collecting lenses.

sell it lah, unless u heartache lor.

why not just use it? Just bring that one lens out next time you go out.. It may rekindle your creativity in photography too..

I also think u shld sell. I used to have 70-200 f2.8 too. Just sit in the dry cabinet most of the time as the things I like to shoot doesn't requires it, ended up I sold it off too, just too big and bulky for me. So if you dun use it, just sell it.

Been in my dry cabinet doing nothing and occasionally will shoot for motorbike races but that will be like 6mths once? Done for portraits as well but i feel that i dont like the idea of carrying such big lens around to take portraits.

If you really rarely use it, might as well sell it. If every six month you need similar lens to capture the moment of an event, just rent one. :D
Unless you can find other use for it that suits your photography style that is, which is always the better choice.

dont sell!. donate to me =p

don't fall for donation

i up the ante;

bid s$500/-

half of me feel like selling it away.. thn whn i was taking pictures of the lens i felt so heavy to sell it away. (or even donating to ppl.. haha! :D)

what if i sell it away and what are the good lens to replace it?
in my mind
- 17-55 f2.8
- 12-24 f4

just keep the god damn lens!!!
go out shoot people from far....can shoot unexpected moments without people even realising!
that's the best part!
so keep it!
& use it wisely i should say.

cheers! :)

just ask yourself whether this lens suit you? if not just sell it... i just sell my 80-200 because of finance need, really sad because I love this lens so much, because I think this lens fit my style...

sell it and buy 28-70 f2.8.

Keep it if u don't need the money, u might need the range 1 day and u are stuck with no lens, my macro lens also sit in box most of the time, will i sell? No I wun, I know I will use it even if it is only once a while

half of me feel like selling it away.. thn whn i was taking pictures of the lens i felt so heavy to sell it away. (or even donating to ppl.. haha! :D)

what if i sell it away and what are the good lens to replace it?
in my mind
- 17-55 f2.8
- 12-24 f4

Should sell the 70-200.

As for getting a 17-55/2.8. it is a big lens as well and quite heavy. Plus bokeh is not as pronounced as the 70-200/2.8 due to the shorter focal length. Thing is, in the end it depends on what range do you shoot all the time. Maybe you should rent the 2 lenses, try them out and see which one you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.