To Q or to Q10?

leonardg

After playing with the Q ( all thanks to a good "feline" friend...lol. moderators should know who) I am now trying to decide which direction to go with.
Anyone help shed some light on which to get? Personal reviews etc.
Much appreciated.
Thanks.
P.S.Wonder if the Sitex show will have any offers or create buzz around the shops in town

Q has very solid built quality (magnesium), Q10 has very much improved picture quality. Which do you prefer?

After playing with the Q ( all thanks to a good "feline" friend...lol. moderators should know who) I am now trying to decide which direction to go with.
Anyone help shed some light on which to get? Personal reviews etc.
Much appreciated.
Thanks.
P.S.Wonder if the Sitex show will have any offers or create buzz around the shops in town

Feline replying again:

Q!! Q10 too light ;p

Mr Khaw said:
Q has very solid built quality (magnesium), Q10 has very much improved picture quality. Which do you prefer?

The new firmware 1.10 for Q saw improved AF , I bought 2 weeks back before and after firmware update , can see difference in AF.

Q10 I also waited and gave up, because of reinforced plastic body, if the picture quality is better than Q, then it is superb, but I doubt since same sensor and LCD pixel.

Q looks cuter, Q10 ... looks okay I guess. But Q only has black and white color options (silver one is a Limited Edition, only 1600 sets made), while Q10 got a lot more color to choose from:

img_01.jpg

These are my first few pictures taken with Q White 01 lens-
Which I think it's very sharp indeed, if Q10 sharper than this , It would be SUPER !

1. brick wall
IMGP0202.JPG

2. Me happy indoor in church low light hand held
IMGP0212.JPG

3. Lost ?
IMGP0281.JPG

4. First photo I took
IMGP0055.JPG

5. My Kr w Sigma 70-300 APO
IMGP0244.jpg

You tempt me with the IQ! I think it is safe to say that Q/Q10 has the best IQ of all 1/2.3in sensor cameras.

sbc said:
You tempt me with the IQ! I think it is safe to say that Q/Q10 has the best IQ of all 1/2.3in sensor cameras.

Agree, but Sony RX1 comes close.
Collecting more Q shots, would post link soon.

Hi,
Anyone has been to SITEX and seen the Q to K adapter yet ? How much ?

Thanks.

The colours are fantastic....if only the Q has them in these. Is the silver Q available locally?

Q looks cuter, Q10 ... looks okay I guess. But Q only has black and white color options (silver one is a Limited Edition, only 1600 sets made), while Q10 got a lot more color to choose from:

img_01.jpg

Q10 - it will be here next week. red, silver and black. checked with SG camera store

Thanks for the heads up! Must make a trip to Peninsula SC next week. Cannot decide between Q/Q10 and LX-7. How? How? :think:

Too bad it cannot take the K mount.... else good for a small system.... mount the Q + 40mm XS.... ;p