To Punggol, With Love

Punggol Sky
Like the looming dark clouds across the sky during the golden hours.

Punggol Sky

Hi guys,

My 2nd tries for Landscape shot @ Punggol Beach Sunset
CC are welcome

5768242584_c8a184b542_z.jpg

and the river runs forth......

Punggolsunset2.jpg

Hi all,

Is this the place where you can take only bus 82 to go? Looks like a very good place to take pictures...

Great pictures!!

leyash111 said:
Hi all,

Is this the place where you can take only bus 82 to go? Looks like a very good place to take pictures...

Great pictures!!

Yes it is, there's only bus service 82 which takes you all the way to the end and reach punggol end. Or you can come in from the other end of the punggol connector which is behind the institute of mental health if I'm not wrong. That you'll have to walk or cycle :)

Thanks pretty near to my place :) wow u all really have good pictures, really should send to the newspaper to let the locals know Singapore do have heavenly like scenarios... :)

leyash111 said:
Thanks pretty near to my place :) wow u all really have good pictures, really should send to the newspaper to let the locals know Singapore do have heavenly like scenarios... :)

Not everyone who reads newspapers understands what pictures can depict things.

As this place becomes popular, hope that pollution will be minimal.

On my lucky day:
5950634742_1159c14d77_b.jpg

elavan said:
As this place becomes popular, hope that pollution will be minimal.

On my lucky day:

Very nice. The thing about mine was I couldn't expose the foreground rocks at all. Everything was black. Any advice?

use a GND to reduce the brightness of the sunlit sky.

stuck said:
use a GND to reduce the brightness of the sunlit sky.

Use already leh. But still the sky looked fine but lower part is underexposed.

yeah the rocks were challenging because of the low tide. the problem is, if it were higher this formation may not have surfaced. anyway, PP-wise i blended the rocks separately with some manual curves adjustments where i felt i wanted more detail.

Use already leh. But still the sky looked fine but lower part is underexposed.

try with a stronger GND? but the easiest way is probably try to lift the shadow details in post or manually blend two exposures metered separately for the foreground & background.

stuck said:
try with a stronger GND? but the easiest way is probably try to lift the shadow details in post or manually blend two exposures metered separately for the foreground & background.

Looks like there's no way to expose both foreground and background and snap that photo. I agree that having to blend 2 pictures , one foreground and one background, would be the very good way to do it.