To move or stay on Canon 100L Macro IS F2.8 on OMD

unlease

Mar 18, 2009
Bishan
Hello All Bro/Sis,

Lately I have moved some of my Fullframe collection to M43 (Olympus OMD).
I currently still hold my 5DM3 with 24-70L & 100L IS Macro. I will still hold on to my 5DM3 and 24-70L
My M43 collection has 25mm F1.8, 40-150 F2.8.

I am now thinking if it is wise to move 100L IS Macro to Olympus 60mm Macro.

However, I am advised that this canon 100L IS Macro is a good lens which I agree and further advise me to M43 to EF Adapter to use this Canon 100L on my OMD.

So I write this post to get some of your point of view and comments.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Hello All Bro/Sis,

I currently still hold my 5DM3 with 24-70L & 100L IS Macro. I will still hold on to my 5DM3 and 24-70L

However, I am advised that this canon 100L IS Macro is a good lens which I agree and further advise me to M43 to EF Adapter to use this Canon 100L on my OMD.

Thank you in advance.

I'm sure you know when you use non native lens in any camera system you will not have autofocus and full metering only stopped down? That said with m4/3 the crop factor of 2X will make your 100mm
macro = 200mm. You can be further away from your subject. This offers another alternative to macro
shooting and you can return to FF when you need a 100mm macro. Best of both worlds?:)

Hello All Bro/Sis,

Thank you in advance.

Go and try out a Kippon EF-M43 adapter. Not cheap, but cheaper than buying Olympus 60mm macro lens

If you still have many uses of the 100L on your 5D3 then by all means keep it, it's a great lens and the bokeh is the creamiest I had
Do note that you have to get an adapter that can electronically control the aperture (some also support autofocus, stabiliser or reduce the focal length) which are not cheap though yes still cheaper than a native macro lens

However it may be unbalanced with that lens and a micro 4/3 body, and a bit defeat the purpose of the small micro 4/3 set up, that's the reason why I sold off my beloved 100L. Unfortunately you have to try it out to see if it affects the way you work