TO LOVE AND TO FORGIVE

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Do you agree?

Depends on what the other have or have not done.... not everything is 'Forgivable'....

Not when dealing with IRAS :bsmilie:

In life we face many challenges, some hurt you so deeply that you will be never forget. But can you forgive?

Two wolves...one peace love happiness fellowship...one hate anger discord...battling for your soul. Which one wins? The one you feed.

How about to forgive and to love?

How about to forgive and to love?

Forgiveness needs some love on the part of the forgiver. The one who accepts that he is forgiven and have the realisation that he needs to be forgiven, in turn actually receives part of this love.

To me love is defined as an intense fondness. I don't know if forgive has anything to do with it really. I mean who would want to love someone or something that one has to forgive all of the time. That implies some sort of dysfunctional thing.

Last edited:
Try about 20 years of marriage and then let's talk.

Not really. You can forgive and love both only if it's equal feelings from both sides. That's what I believe.

Not really. You can forgive and love both only if it's equal feelings from both sides. That's what I believe.

Yes I agree. Do you continue to forgive when you are always at the receiving ends? You cannot be forever forgiving and when you are hurt.

It has to end somewhere.

Yes I agree. Do you continue to forgive when you are always at the receiving ends? You cannot be forever forgiving and when you are hurt.
It has to end somewhere.
If you are always at the receiving end and don't do anything about it I would suspect some sort of masochistic tendencies.
I can forgive once if I see the right attitude at the other side, but not a second time. After that it's gone case and I remove such people from my life.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."

by Dalai Lama

How about the old idiom fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

I come from a 'Christian' school.

My principal used to say

'If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.'

I come from a 'Christian' school.

My principal used to say

'If someone slaps you on one cheek, offer the other cheek also. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also.'

Ok... Noted...

I need $500... but won't mind if you donate me $5000.... :bsmilie: