To Flickr or not to Flickr

fisheye

May 26, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
www.massrapid.org
Hi Guys,

I haven't been back here for a while, and I thought I would come back in get some thoughts on Flickr. I used it like a depository of images previously and I loved the social sharing functions on the site. I loved how I could interacted through groups, comment and get comments, tage images with notes, put up slideshows etc.

However I have been using it less now with some many other cloud facilities available. My friends seem to use it less too. So my question is, my PRO account expires in 2 days and I'm wondering if there is any value in renewing the pro subscription.

What are your thoughts?

Lydia

Hope I put this i the right thread.

I think a lot of people in this forum still use flickr.

but overall they've lost quite a lot of users, I won't be renewing my subscription after the current one runs out.

If not Flickr what's the alternative?

I think the main problem with flickr is that it hasn't changed very much. The recent new features are not really anything special . 500px really allows you show off you portfolio really well and present your pictures more professionally .

However Flickr does seem to optimise well with Google search .

Google plus ? is anybody using it ?

Last edited:
Interesting to hear this.

What's attractive about other cloud services?

500px, I feel that I am not worthy to even register.... :(

Interesting to hear this.

What's attractive about other cloud services?

500px, I feel that I am not worthy to even register.... :(

Same here. That's why I am still with "good" old flickr.

hihi

Sorry to hijack the thread,

Is there a sort of minimum sort of 'standard' before signing up 500 px ?

honest question, What do u guys mean by not worthy to register ?

As I m using a free flickr account but not sure if 500 px is a good site to sign on as well.

If so, I am definitely not worthy to register as well... :sweat: :sweat:

hihi

Sorry to hijack the thread,

Is there a sort of minimum sort of 'standard' before signing up 500 px ?

honest question, What do u guys mean by not worthy to register ?

As I m using a free flickr account but not sure if 500 px is a good site to sign on as well.

If so, I am definitely not worthy to register as well... :sweat: :sweat:

no minimum requirement.

have u seen those pic in 500px ? 500px / Popular Photos go take a look and u might understand why.

but anyone can just sign up.

no minimum requirement.

Thanks thanks for the quick feedback. :D

Wow excellent photos here , alot to learn from. Thanks for sharing :bsmilie:

But to be honest, this is not unlike Pbase popular galleries or to a lesser extent, Flickr Explored

I find that flickr is not so user friendly for me.
I prefer google plus.

+1 for 500px. love the entire way 500px works and how it looks - and the quality of pictures there. there's no minimum standard but everyone seems to upload their best..and that's what people should be doing anyway! haha. i dumped my basic flickr account for 500px

Flickr is relatively cheap if you are looking for a hosting site.

It has lost a lot of its shine in terms of social networking amongst photographers through the years though.

I have a love and hate relationship with flickr. What I love about it: My friends are all there. I dont like so much: The UI interface. I hope Yahoo sells off flickr to a more vibrant and forward looking company.

I have a love and hate relationship with flickr. What I love about it: My friends are all there. I dont like so much: The UI interface. I hope Yahoo sells off flickr to a more vibrant and forward looking company.

I'm still hoping that the new CEO can breathe in some life into it...

Flickr is relatively cheap if you are looking for a hosting site.

It has lost a lot of its shine in terms of social networking amongst photographers through the years though.

500px has the same deal iirc, cause they released it at the same time i resubed to flickr.

Does anyone have trouble uploading photos to flickr recently? i can't upload mine..