To dry out in tropical area

Status
Not open for further replies.

phokhwa

Oct 26, 2008
singapore
hi....

i need to go to tropical country in next month and as i just start to be a beginner, i really have no idea . . . how to control humidity for my A350. :embrass:

there may be no elec power in hilly region.

hoping somebody share me the knowlege ..... and where to get it

million tks

hpokhwa

the simplest way out, if ur luggage space permits, a portable dry box with sufficient amount of silica gel or dehumidifers such as thirsty hippo should suffice. these are available at most camera shops, and supermarkets for household dehumidifers. otherwise, ur camera bag packed with silica gel or dehumidifers may serve as a viable substitute for the dry box, but of cos it'll be much less effective.

if u'll be using ur camera quite frequently during the trip, i suppose there shouldnt be much cause for worry regarding humidity issues and camera maintenance.

cheers.

Last edited:
hi....

i need to go to tropical country in next month and as i just start to be a beginner, i really have no idea . . . how to control humidity for my A350. :embrass:

million tks

hpokhwa

Errmm...before we get carried away. If theres no electricity... how many batts are u bringing? :)

hi....

million tks

hpokhwa

Some basic cleaning of the body and lens at the end of the day would be sufficient. There shouldn't be a problem of fungus if you use your camera everyday.

How long will you be there? If not for long term then just have fun shooting. dont need to worry too much.

Can try some silica gel in your bag... But if using everyday outdoors, fungus shouldn't be a problem...

Good question about the batteries if there's no electricity there...

Status
Not open for further replies.