to drink or not to drink?

so would you drink shooting events

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupidbloke

Jan 12, 2007
hi bros,

after posting something in the newbies section i thought i would do an interesting poll. during events, whatever your shooting, would you drink? (talking about alchohol here). and of course im talking one two drinks, not the tipsy on the floor kind.

because after covering a couple of events, i find it hard to justify paying for a drink at clubs nowadays!

cheers

depends if I'm shooting for free or paid jobs.

depends if the photographers' tolerance of alcohol.

cannot drink if the photographers are driving later.

well, i'm underaged... :sweatsm:

but, i agree that its bad form to drink.
After all, you can't drink and shoot at the same time! so you'll definately be missing out some 'moments'. no different from eating frm the buffet table during an event.

if i am also the guest, then yes, after getting the standard shots.

if it's a FOC voluntary job, i will consider it FFCD (food for CD) :bsmilie: . Food includes all beverages.

If it's a paid job, I'll drink afterwards but only if I'm offered. I also wouldn't eat unless offered.

I think it's a bad idea to drink in a Paid Event Shoot.

Firstly, if anything goes wrong with the results of the shoot, you are considered Under The Influence of Alcohol.
Secondly, things can happen when intoxicated; forget you left metering mode in Spot, EV compensation left unchanged after a previous shot, ISO settings, etc..

Drinks leads to OVER CONFIDENCE.
Same thing with Driving.

No more needs to be said.

sound very interesting.....

Luckily, I did not drink beer during my photography duties for Tiger Live at St. James Station on Saturdays. But ask for only Coke or soft drinks if very thirsty during too much walk around. Thank Lenscapes for this lesson. Hope we must know how to be professional during outings/events. :thumbsup:

Wow, quite horrible to lose equipment AND photos.
I'm sure the photographer is very remorseful, but it really was a case of a lack of professionalism to drink to such an extent that he can knock out. I think that even after event is over, he should not be drinking so much. Perhaps 1 or 2 beers, that's it.

VR & IS will take care of business ;)

so gian for what! you desperate for alcohol ah? no money?
ok la ok la ... if u buay tahan liao just take 1 or 2 ok?

First I assume you mean when on a assignment whether it is paid or not. Secondly, I am not in this trade, but from my personal point of view, you shouldn't drink when on serious assignment.

If you are invited by a friend to a wedding, and help to take some photo, that is not call assignment, do what you need to support the dinner, then this is totally difference story.

Paid shoot, strictly no. People offer, I still say no, politely.

Even though technically I am not a professional, I try to behave like one. I'm there to do a job, and the job doesn't end until final product has been delivered. I will try my best to prevent anything that could disrupt this process.

paid shoot..strictly no...i love to drink..sometimes will be asked to join them to drink..then have to say i'm driving...then they say they also drive...just have to LL to refuse politely!!!

I'm not sure about the photography industry but isn't it unprofessional to drink during (most) a job?

Status
Not open for further replies.