To drill or not to drill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Time : 1915, Saturday.

Me drilling cause I need to fix up 2 mount brackets for my shelves which I brought from IKEA.

Door bell rings, neighbour from below complain, told me that I should not be drilling at this time as she got baby (big deal?). Challenge me that she will report to the authority. :eek: I accept her challenge n told her that I will make a call to police before continue my work.

Call up police, been told that it is ok to drill since I am not the contractor. But I told him that me kenna complain and also, still early in the evening. Police asked me how many I got to drill n I told him that abt 10 cause the instructions said so.

Police told me to give way n continue to drill tomorrow. So, if I drill ard 11+ am n still kenna complain, should I continue or not or let she complain? Cause police also say personal thing can do as not contract work. Police even told me that if I call up HDB, HDB also say it is ok to proceed.

I just don't understand why some singaporean want to make a small issue big. I encounter so many drilling/noise from upstair and I just brush it off, why can't other? :sticktong

1915 nothing wrong what

unless you drill for like the whole day already hahaha

Me drilling cause I need to fix up 2 mount brackets for my shelves which I brought from IKEA.

Door bell rings, neighbour from below complain, told me that I should not be drilling at this time as she got baby (big deal?). Challenge me that she will report to the authority. :eek: I accept her challenge n told her that I will make a call to police before continue my work.

Call up police, been told that it is ok to drill since I am not the contractor. But I told him that me kenna complain and also, still early in the evening. Police asked me how many I got to drill n I told him that abt 10 cause the instructions said so.

Police told me to give way n continue to drill tomorrow. So, if I drill ard 11+ am n still kenna complain, should I continue or not or let she complain? Cause police also say personal thing can do as not contract work. Police even told me that if I call up HDB, HDB also say it is ok to proceed.

I just don't understand why some singaporean want to make a small issue big. I encounter so many drilling/noise from upstair and I just brush it off, why can't other? :sticktong

i even got a neighbour from 2 floors down complaining when my mum was chopping a chicken at 10 am :bsmilie::bsmilie:

If i were you...i will give way first time and drill tomorrow noon. If kenna complain again, i will drill everyday......+ hammer....

ask her when she allows you to drill lor. guess should let some leeway for a lady with baby.

then type out a contract that states she allows you to driil during this time, and ask her sign.;p

1915 nothing wrong what

unless you drill for like the whole day already hahaha

You say nothing wrong, so does I. But ppl not happy, what to do? I drilled in the morning, can't make it, drill no power. Borrow from friend, success n so, carry on. 2 1/2 holes later, kenna complain. Petty yet not pretty woman staying below me. :thumbsd:

If i were you...i will give way first time and drill tomorrow noon. If kenna complain again, i will drill everyday......+ hammer....

Let her complain, make her having a bad record with police as little bit of things, will complain as got baby. Typical woman, a bit complain, useless! :thumbsd:

Actually this is not a police matter. No reason for you to call police. It's not a seizable offence. You can tell the police to FO if they come.

But look-- if she has a baby who needs to sleep, why are you putting your self-interest above hers? I take it you have no children, you have no idea how hard it is to put a crying baby to sleep.

I think singaporeans have grown less tolerant and the meek are jus letting things happen

Actually this is not a police matter. No reason for you to call police. It's not a seizable offence. You can tell the police to FO if they come.

But look-- if she has a baby who needs to sleep, why are you putting your self-interest above hers? I take it you have no children, you have no idea how hard it is to put a crying baby to sleep.

I think it's becos of her challenge to call the authorities that's pissing TS off....

I believe all of us will understand her situation if she explains her situation without the challenge, isn't it?

nothing wrong with drilling when its early. when i installed a heavy shelf (40+kg), contractor had to drill deep holes, 12 of them, my indian neighbour with tons of kids and grandchildren didnt even bother although we almost drilled into their home...

you can be gracious about the issue and do it tmrw this time round, but neighbours shouldnt use police authorities to intimidate, could have been friendlier i.e. "eh you mind drilling tmrw? my baby just fell asleep etc"

a softer approach is more harmonious

I think it's becos of her challenge to call the authorities that's pissing TS off....

I believe all of us will understand her situation if she explains her situation without the challenge, isn't it?

yes, that is very agreeable. its the wrong approach that piss people off.

Really, some people jiak ba bo sai bang one.

No shiat.

She used baby as her reason n authority to piss me off. Then her baby cries n wake me up, I complain back is it? I encounter so many kids running outside my mum place when I stay there n sleeping n yet, I still keep numb abt it.

Will continue tmrw, police comes, I told them that I called up yesterday as was told it is ok to drill as yesterday drill ard 7+ pm, ppl also complain. Don't expect me to take leave n drill, unreasonable, right?

One more thing, I am not banging on the floor n make her mad. So many neighbours ard me, only she complain. Some thing wrong with her, should not be worry if I continue to drill tomorrow. :sticktong

eh Teegongkia....you use some power to make the woman keep quiet lah....you're Teegongkia leh....don't "pray pray"....:sticktong

i have neighbours that live below my flat complaining about ppls dragging the chairs at 3am in the morning when all of us are slping and kept banging on my house door at 3am+ in the morning just to complain.

she just had her baby then and super sensitive to whatever comes. now whenever i on my speakers on my pc, my mum gets very paranoid that the neighbour downstairs will complain again.

talking about the issues of drilling, just drill it then. it wouldn't take like MONTHS right? comeon, what if the govt wants to upgrade lifts? they have to move out during that time cos it's really drilling something almost every moment of the day? :)

i have neighbours that live below my flat complaining about ppls dragging the chairs at 3am in the morning when all of us are slping and kept banging on my house door at 3am+ in the morning just to complain.

she just had her baby then and super sensitive to whatever comes. now whenever i on my speakers on my pc, my mum gets very paranoid that the neighbour downstairs will complain again.

talking about the issues of drilling, just drill it then. it wouldn't take like MONTHS right? comeon, what if the govt wants to upgrade lifts? they have to move out during that time cos it's really drilling something almost every moment of the day? :)

This kind of ppl with low tolerance level, shouldn't stay in HDB, drive etc... A bit only, not happy. Shouldn't be born in the first place, created more problems for this peaceful world. ;p

Luckily me smart enough, call up police n see what they says. Now got support, tomorrow finish another few holes, continue next wkend, see what she can do to me, haha! :bsmilie:

Some babies are sensitive to noise and her sleep may disturb by your drill sound. Just give in and drill in the morning.

Next time when you have a baby and do you like similar incident happen to you ?

Izit a new born baby?
Drilling sound gives a nasty shock on some babies, especially both of u are 1 floor away from each other
Try to calm down n not vent your frustation on a baby lah :) Babies r so CUTE......... althought your neighbour is obviously on the wrong side for challenging u in the 1st place
Maybe u can go down(if u can :angel:)to inform her b4 u start to drill, so she can prepare all necessary precaution on her baby, like covering the baby ears or bring the baby down for a short stroll

Status
Not open for further replies.