To All

Status
Not open for further replies.
vince123123 said:
Unfortunately, the life cycle of a forums is like this. Initially when it is first created, there are a lot of newbies, proportionately. At that time, it doesn't seem uncommon to ask new or stupid or beginner questions.

After a while, these newbies think they have became experts, and when new newbies come along, these "experts" will deride the newbies, and ask them to "do a search" etc etc. The funny thing is that the newbies could be asking the very same questions the experts asked before. But because the experts now know the answer, they think the newbie's questions are stupid questions. Yes, the newbies may not have done a search, or perhaps they have done a search, but failed to locate any useful information, or simply because the search has revealed such a plethora of information that the newbie cannot sift out.

The funny thing is, if the experts don't feel like helping, they could very well just keep quiet. However, unfortunately, they feel a strong need to deride newbies and hence, the trend, once started, is continued by many others.

:thumbsup: WELL SAID :thumbsup:

So Darren, what say you? Btw, Pablo Pm me and called me a moron. Is this harrasment allowed in CS? Shudders...

Could you kindly look into it? Thanks.

Hi Everybody

Thanx to Wolfgang for your comments on my post. I guess I'm doing my small part to try and help CS go through a bit of a difficult period now. I'm not an active person in CS, but I've been in too many other forums where things have all gone to hell, and I think it's not very nice on everybody invovled.

Espn, while I appreciate your candidness, perhaps it might have been taken out of context on it's own. But no hard feelings on my side I assure you. You are still welcomed to PM or chat with me on anything.

I guess perhaps all of us who have benefitted from CS in one small way or the other, should just step back, take an overall big picture view of CS, and let's see how we can help to make it better. We are all "volunteers" who have pitched in time, knowledge and lots of blood and sweat into CS, so it shouldn't all go to waste.

I have so far attended only one outing with CS members, during last year's N-Day fireworks festival and Marina Bay festivities. I've enjoyed it..but only if time permits me to join in further outings. Perhaps this year's N-day fireworks might be something on the agenda again.

Here's to more fun in CS!!

Regards,
Clipper

Indulge me for abit of OT but i fear not many may not understand
But riddle me this and allow me to vent.
T'is not a lie if I say it twice,
But i remember somebody who claimed to be wise.
He who hides behind many a name,
Yet he and many are one and the same.
I do adore an Ursus maritimus when i see one,
I do think they are so much fun.

:)

Here's to you my friend. Consider it a very very friendly and of course, a final warning.

thx guys....now for some peace and quiet ard here.... :bsmilie:

I notice some nicks have been deregistered. That's good. However, there is still a credibility issue if there is no action against those who call others ****heads, psychotics and assholes.

waileong said:
I notice some nicks have been deregistered. That's good. However, there is still a credibility issue if there is no action against those who call others ****heads, psychotics and assholes.
We have issued warnings to those who use such language, which in recent cases, have been related to inflammatory postings by others, and advised to be more civilised otherwise risk deregistration.

While we generally discourage such outbursts of language, usage of said language (when it occurs) must be framed within the context of the overall discussion, and of the circumstances that preceded or even instigated the outburst.

In certain instances, we have come down harder on the some members who (in our view) have crossed the boundaries and while not using coarse language themselves, are seen to be the instigators and insinuators of such behaviour.

We are now taking a less tolerant view of such members who register and participate (although participate is too kind a word for them) solely to post comments and stuff which rile and incite unwanted behaviour from contributing members.

ClipperSG said:
Espn, while I appreciate your candidness, perhaps it might have been taken out of context on it's own. But no hard feelings on my side I assure you. You are still welcomed to PM or chat with me on anything.
No worries on my part, I wasn't kidding, I thought the moderator's reply out in the open was meant for everybody, didn't know it was only targetted at me. :)

No hard feelings, PM me if you need anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.