To all yahoo auctions seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
hey did u all recently recevied a mail regarding the verficiation of yahoo auctions sellers? It requires u to enter ur credit card info. I did verfied my credit card abt 2 yrs ago before i started to sell on yahoo auctions. Now came this email, i feel abit unsafe.

anyone can verify the email is a real one ?

thanks

i verified some time ago (1-2 yr)
did not get anu recently... why dun you just post... if no problem ignore the e-mail

yahoo email said:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. For further help, see http://help.yahoo.com/help/

Yahoo! Auctions Billing Alert
Dear Yahoo! Auctions user,

We value your membership and thank you for being a part of Yahoo! growing online community. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We are contacting you to let you know we were unable to verify your billing information for your account. If you do not update your billing information, Yahoo! reserves the right to suspend your account until valid information is provided.

Note that this interuption does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to Yahoo! Auctions.

Be advised that you are prohibited from using Yahoo! Auctions in any way untill you will submit valid payment information.This includes registering a new account.

To ensure that your Yahoo! and Yahoo! Auctions account is not interrupted, please update your billing information now, clicking on the link below.

ya i got the email also... 3 times in fact all in the same day.... highly suspicious since i already updated the info way back when i first started....

Decided to ignore it until they really suspend my account.. haha...better safe den sorry. Wanted to email yahoo abt this but was kind of lazy, hehe.....

they mentioned

"Be advised that you are prohibited from using Yahoo! Auctions in any way untill you will submit valid payment information.This includes registering a new account."

But my account is still working well... guess shld be some attempt to cheat us of our CC numbers

West_ray said:
hey did u all recently recevied a mail regarding the verficiation of yahoo auctions sellers? It requires u to enter ur credit card info. I did verfied my credit card abt 2 yrs ago before i started to sell on yahoo auctions. Now came this email, i feel abit unsafe.

anyone can verify the email is a real one ?

thanks

most probably a scam. check the origin of the email carefully.
ignore and do not reply to it. :nono: :nono: :nono:

aiya, some wrong with my site, i can't upload the print screen.

but there's one paragraph which goes liek this:

"On June 21, 2004, in an ongoing effort to keep Yahoo! Auctions safe and secure for all members, we instituted a new requirement. All users must now validate their card.
Take a moment to complete the registration process, and you'll be on your way to continue buying and selling on Yahoo! Auctions. Your card will not be billed. You will only need to register once. Thank you in advance!"

snipe said:
most probably a scam. check the origin of the email carefully.
ignore and do not reply to it. :nono: :nono: :nono:
yeah i ignored it. but wat caught my attention was tat the email was from "auctions@yahoo.com.sg", with the title, Yahoo! Auctions Alert #3698757100.

well .....

i believe tat there will be somebody who fall into it (IF it's a scam).

just look at the mail source... header, I bet it's from somewhere else.

i received the mail too,but like many,i decided to ignore it,coz i verified it few yrs back.
the mail looks really authentic though.

I suggest to all who recieved the email to just take a few minutes to verify with Yahoo! about this.

If you are a regular user of Yahoo! auctions, treat it as a civic duty to keep the place safe for all.

I suspect it's phishing for information. Why would Yahoo ask you to submit credit card info by e-mail when such impt info can be hijacked? Somemore the website address is not "www.yahoo.com/help" but "www.help.yahoo.com". Simply go to the Yahoo website and look for the Help section, and send them an e-mail to verify if this request is true.

got something like that. and mine was from yahoo-inc@yahoo.com.sg. it said Yahoo! Auctions Billing Alert #098876 but i think there was some error cos the contents were blank except for
Step #1 Click here to update your info'; preload.innerHTML=x1;">

really fishy. i sent a mail to yahoo.com.sg yesterday to get confirmation on this. will inform if i get a reply.

Confirm fake one lah ..... me no auction in Yahoo one also got the mail lah ...... LOL ......

Got confirmation from yahoo about this.

Hello Yahoo! user,

Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Customer Care.

The webpage or message that you are writing about is a hoax originated
by someone other than Yahoo!.

You should assume that any unsolicited message asking for your Yahoo!
ID
and password, security key, or other sensitive information is part of a
scam to gain unauthorized access to your account.

If you have already entered your information into a suspicious message
or web page, you should immediately change your password and update any
other information you provided. If you provided credit card or other
financial details, you should also contact your financial institution.
If you are unable to change your password or regain access to your
account, you should contact sg-account@yahoo-inc.com.

For useful information and resources regarding online security, please
visit the Yahoo! Security Center at:

http://security.yahoo.com

Regards,

Customer Care
Yahoo! Singapore
Do You uhhh, Yahoo!?

Status
Not open for further replies.