[TMC] C&C appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMC

Sep 4, 2004
Beyond Space-Time Continuum
67888088.jpg

dramatic feel to it but i feel the left side is a little too dark for my liking

I think in exposing for the sky you've lost the land.

you need a grad ND or multiple exposure or PS to even out the levels. it is too dark in the subject and foreground.

alternatively if you can change the temperature of the scene and warm it up like a sunset shot, the silouette effect may work.

Would be good if the lake is "silky smooth".

i.e use longer exposure + smaller aperture + ND filter

thanks for the suggestions. guess will try some dodge and burn when I get the chance. thanks for the input.

this kind of composition is crying for HDR..

The focal point of the image for me is the dramatically polarized sky on top left. That looks good. Perhaps that was your intention.
I would have liked to see more detail.. a clearer silhouette of the gate like structure in the water.

Hi TMC, I practised some processing on your photo with the Capture NX. Would you mind that I post it?

I didn't do any HDR thingy... just mess around with the colour control points a bit...

67888088.jpg

;)

hv read on a magazine .. tat if u shoot in raw
u can divide your pic , in this case to 3 parts. sky, mountains and sea

adjust them in raw shooter part by part.
covert to jpeg and then merge the 3 pics together using PS

maybe u want to try

Go ahead. I am still trying to get the HDR thingy working.

if u only have one exposure, the way to do it is to go back to your raw file. adjust one photo for highlights, adjust one photo for shadows so u end up with 2 separate copies.

then u can combine either in CS or using a program like photomatix.

Akashi Suspension Bridge
68537412.jpg

Another shot at HDR. But this one has been converted to 8bit for jpg format. HDR does bring out some great colors for night shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.