TLR Outing #1 - 23rd Nov 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo

May 6, 2002
Woodlands
Hi everyone, the TLR outing is back (last time bad weather). Other medium format users welcome.

Venue: Chinatown
Date: 23rd Nov 2003, Sunday
Time: 12noon - 4pm max

Programme:
12noon - meet at MRT
12.15pm - eat lunch at Mac
1pm - move out
3.30pm - exercise cut, perhaps have some refreshments

There would be a mini-competition held (no prizes). Perhaps Ansel can help scan? ;p

Min. 5 ppl, if not I will cancel it.

1) chyeo

I feel that there is a difference in TLR and medium format. It so happens that most TLRs we have access to is medium format, but SLR medium format is very different in shooting that TLR. I do suggest that we have a TLR outing as it is.

I have a video shoot for a wedding on 22 Nov, from 8am to 11pm. If I am not too busted, I'll surely be at teh TLR outing.

Thanks chyeo.

yowch said:
I feel that there is a difference in TLR and medium format. It so happens that most TLRs we have access to is medium format, but SLR medium format is very different in shooting that TLR. I do suggest that we have a TLR outing as it is.

I have a video shoot for a wedding on 22 Nov, from 8am to 11pm. If I am not too busted, I'll surely be at teh TLR outing.

Thanks chyeo.

Hmm ok. But it seems response is poor so it might not go through at all.

Hi guys!
I do not have a TLR (yet!). Can I join in??
Very interested to see TLRs in action outdoors and to find out more.
:D

Btw, who's going??

hi guys,

although i cant make it for the outing, i do have a lubitel TLR. i just serviced it cos some light leak. it anyone keen can pm me. can play with mind TLR if you are going for the outing

chyeo]Hi everyone, the TLR outing is back (last time bad weather). Other medium format users welcome.

Venue: Chinatown
Date: 23rd Nov 2003, Sunday

Time: 12noon - 4pm max

Programme:
12noon - meet at MRT
12.15pm - eat lunch at Mac
1pm - move out
3.30pm - exercise cut, perhaps have some refreshments

Min. 5 ppl, if not I will cancel it.

Ansel>>
I think we still stick to the TLR heading, although if you don't have a TLR you are still welcome to join. For this time, we'll proceed, rain or shine, unless it's raining cats & dogs like the last time. Sometimes a light rain or drizzle make for very interesting photographs, just be sure to keep your equipment dry. ;)

Maybe we better not call it a competition cos people might be scared off. Just do your best to capture what you think says something to people about Chinatown, in b/w or colour. Purpose is to try to create a goal, an objective for the outing. Think of it as a kind of "Singapore in 24 hours" type of project, except that we are doing Chinatown in 4 hours instead.

Pick your best shots and we'll post it here. I think one or two shots per photographer is not too much to ask. For those who do not have a scanner, I'll be happy to scan your best shots for the purpose of posting here, FOC of course.

Come on guys (or gals) let's do it! :cheergal:

1) chyeo
2) Ansel
3)

Zplus said:
Hi guys!
I do not have a TLR (yet!). Can I join in??
Very interested to see TLRs in action outdoors and to find out more.
:D

Btw, who's going??

Of course you can join us. I am not restricting to usage of TLRs only. But at least majority have to be TLR users lah... becoz the purpose of this outing is to allow fellow TLR users to share knowledge with each other...

No one else interested by Friday 2359 hrs I cancel liao...

1) chyeo
2) Ansel
3)
4)
5)

though i am not a TLR user now. i have played with a few before and have settled down with a SLR MF. i would love to be a part of the action if it is not on sunday. will look out for subsequent outing.

Those without TLRs but are keen to observe how TLR photography is done are welcome to participate too, although you should also bring along whatever gear you have so that you can still take some pictures while you are there.

There is without dispute that a TLR is the cheapest way of getting onto the medium format bandwagon, although I must stress that the best TLRs on the market are by no means cheap. The TLR was a serious photojournalist's tool from the 40s to the 60s. In Singapore, I remembered that my own P@P kindergarten "graduation" picture in the 70s was taken with a Seagull TLR by some uncles from a traditional photo studio (now you know how old I am!)

I do have a "spare" TLR that is available for loan on that day. Well this is not a perfect set. The lens is slightly fuzzy, but everything else works. It should be able to yield slightly soft nostalgic type of images if used intelligently. If anyone is interested to have a go with that camera let me know.

Come on and join us ! :cheergal:

Looks like I'm out, sadly. flu is catching up on me, and I have a video shoot for a wedding whole of tomorrow (Saturday). I am sure Sunday will be pretty sleepy for me.

jherek said:
Ansel, still got tt spare TLR for loan?

1) chyeo
2) Ansel
3) zplus
4) stefyxz
5)jherek

Yup. But I repeat, it is not a pristine set. Your pictures will look a little fuzzy, slightly soft. May not be that bad if you use it as an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.