TKY: Hakone to Gotemba Premium Outlet

RossChang

May 2, 2004
rossblogspace.blogspot.com
I'm heading to Japan in march. a portion of my 7 days intensive itinerary include one night stay at Hakone (near Gora). I would also like to visit the Gotemba Premium outlet.

I would like to know, have any one travel from Hakone (Gora?) to Gotemba Premium Outlet before? it looks pretty near from Google Map, but when I check the transport with this website: (http://www.jorudan.co.jp/), 強羅 -> 御殿場 (Gora -> Gotemba), it shows a shocking 2+Hrs one way~...

Is it true that it takes so long to travel between these two location? Can anyone who's been thru this route advise?:dunno:

(since I've only booked Hotel in Hakone for 1 night, am considering leaving Gotemba Premium Outlet for another day since it's also only 2+hrs one way from Tokyo, thus I could explore Hakone more)

I'm heading to Japan in march. a portion of my 7 days intensive itinerary include one night stay at Hakone (near Gora). I would also like to visit the Gotemba Premium outlet.

I would like to know, have any one travel from Hakone (Gora?) to Gotemba Premium Outlet before? it looks pretty near from Google Map, but when I check the transport with this website: (http://www.jorudan.co.jp/), 強羅 -> 御殿場 (Gora -> Gotemba), it shows a shocking 2+Hrs one way~...

Is it true that it takes so long to travel between these two location? Can anyone who's been thru this route advise?:dunno:

(since I've only booked Hotel in Hakone for 1 night, am considering leaving Gotemba Premium Outlet for another day since it's also only 2+hrs one way from Tokyo, thus I could explore Hakone more)

You are right, it takes about 2hrs from Gora to Gotemba. There are many ways and transport to go to Gotemba, I took Tokyo-Odawara-Kozu-Gotemba. Yeap, it's a very far journey. I believe you have to travel back to Odawara and get your train from there.

Gotemba Premium Outlets is expensive, not suitable for shopping. You can make a trip there purposely to see Mt Fuji because Gotemba is one of the beautiful place to see Mt Fuji. It's one of the nearest spot to see Mt Fuji. I had bad luck last time where typhoon came and heavy rain for the whole day. Although March is not heavy rain season, please check the forecast weather everyday so you can plan your itinerary properly.

If you are Nikon fan, you can get some rare and nice gadgets there where you can't find it anywhere else (even from Yodobashi Akihabara).

not really expensive, I bought a coach bag for $300, 2 x polo for SGD$80. Even the samsonite is cheap :), plenty of brands available, and if you look hard enough and know the local prices, you would find some good bargain.

2 x polo for $80? What brand and when was that? :)

U can try renting a car and do a self drive. The gps is quite idiot proof and u have a lot more flexibility.

I did a Tokyo-mt fuji-gotemba-kawagoe-nikko-Tokyo in 3 days, spent about 1400 for a 7 seated mpg, all in.

Gotemba premium has a lot of gems... I bought a prada for my wife at 1600, at least 900 cheaper than Singapore... My sis's prada also cost 300-400 cheaper than Europe. And these are actually current models still selling at boutiques. If u are into bottega, gucci etc, they have outlets there also.