Tissue paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy99

Feb 11, 2008
Revisit the tissue auntie again . This time round get down to see thing at her level. She have been holding her tummy for some time wonder what is wrong ?

Wanted to get a alone in the midst of a crowd feeling.

do this photo in B&W so that ppl can concentrate on the mood rather than the confusing colour.

Like to hear comment on composition and " mood" of this pic give you. Thanks;)

8a.jpg

i would prefer to see her face and her expression. Then we could see why she's holding on to her stomach.. whether she's in pain/discomfort, or simply bored and scratching herself..

Frontal shot much better..it gives more detail on the emotion and much better impact on the picture.

she looks to be in pain. look at her toes, curled up.

mailaddr..wow that is really good observation ;)

Btw thanks for the comment will take note .. actually i wait for 10 minute squading beside the auntie with a 50 mm but she just don't wan to turn over;( ...maybe she know i taking photo of her:eek:.... no problem better luck next time;)

mailaddr..wow that is really good observation ;)

Btw thanks for the comment will take note .. actually i wait for 10 minute squading beside the auntie with a 50 mm but she just don't wan to turn over;( ...maybe she know i taking photo of her:eek:.... no problem better luck next time;)

Don't understand why you wouldn't walk in front of her...

Street photography is challenging, yes, but not having the initiative to make the shot happen does not add value to your photo.

On my monitor, here hair/head merged with the background......may be its due to my monitor not calibrated.....:)

On my monitor, here hair/head merged with the background......may be its due to my monitor not calibrated.....:)

It's not just your monitor. Aside from a small section where the light falls on her head, the rest of it merges with the background.

so did u ask her how she was after that shot?? might be an age related problem but she dun wanna check or sth.... ouch...

as for photography... the bkground for the subject is quite bad... the bushes than the rendom people are very distracting despite the bokeh... yup..positioning/ framing of the shot is very impt...

cheers

Don't understand why you wouldn't walk in front of her...

Street photography is challenging, yes, but not having the initiative to make the shot happen does not add value to your photo.

Actually, this is very interesting topic.
Sometimes when the subject refuses a snap,
how should we approach the matter?

Do you
1. ask for permission before snapping?
2. like this example, move to her front and snap?
3. just snap before she realised?

Who has encountered a nasty subject after snapping?
And how did you handle the situation after that?

Please share some experience.

Do you

i was just wondering, if we ask for permission then the subject would know, and it would be more like posing cos she is aware of our presence...then we will lose the 'natural' feel and the candid-ness? :dunno:

Do you

In this case we're not sure whether she is intentionally avoiding the photographer, or the photographer is just not taking initiative. TS has not come forward to explain why he would be squatting at the side for 10 minutes, instead of taking the initiative to just go forward and snap a frame.

I miss the 1 chance when she turn over to me. She notice i was taking pic and refuse to turn over after that .

I don't think it is about taking initiative . when the subject know that you are taking their photo and refuse to turn over . I find it to rude to go in front of her to snap a photo.

She is just earning a living ... if i don't get the shot ...tough luck ..better chance next time ... i rather this way than disturbing the auntie;)

Will try to post the colour version where the background is more define . Hope to get you guy comment;)

or maybe you could buy some tissue from her or donate some money since she really well deserved it? seeing her in pain and trying to earn a living and all..
In that way, you can do some charity AND maybe she'll let you snap a picture of her in return. =)

as promise the colour version ..does the colour onr work better

8.jpg

Ah! From the colour pic, her hair is clearly outlined from the background. Did you just use "desaturate" or just convert the pic to "greyscale" for BW conversion? If you use channel mix for BW conversion, you will be able to adjus the BW tones such that he hair will be clearly outlined against the bin.Ü

as promise the colour version ..does the colour onr work better

8.jpg

I think that time still using greyscale ...but nowaday i prefer to use channel mixer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.