Tired old biker

Status
Not open for further replies.

runner10

Dec 12, 2006
I was at a bike race a few weeks back. The race had different race levels depending on the bikers' skill and age group. At the end of the event, after having shot 2 CFs worth of photos, I decided to call it a day and head towards my car to go home. On the way to parking lot, I saw this old man sitting on the road with his road bike beside him. Obviously this old man was catching his breath after competing in the age 60 and up race category. His eyes were closed perhaps thinking of the race and what he could have done to place better. Well this is just my guess. As to what he was really thinking & reflecting on, no one really knows but him......

71162056.jpg

EXIF
Flash Used No
Focal Length 130 mm
Exposure Time 1/160 sec
Aperture f/2.8
ISO Equivalent 100

Complete bike gallery here: http://www.pbase.com/chuckmaceda/bicycle

Great shot :)
Like the compostiton, even without the legend, the story was clear
Every thing fits well, the mood is also set by the grayscale

Great shot :)
Like the compostiton, even without the legend, the story was clear
Every thing fits well, the mood is also set by the grayscale

Thanks man!

i only find the shine on his left leg abit distracting.. caught my eye the moment i see the pic. maybe can correct it using ps. other than that,. very nice shot.

i only find the shine on his left leg abit distracting.. caught my eye the moment i see the pic. maybe can correct it using ps. other than that,. very nice shot.

Yup you are correct. His left leg is overblown/over exposed alright.

u can use the cloning tool to clone it off.. got some good parts of the left leg (below the knee) that is nt overblown. ;p

then ur pic will be :thumbsup: :thumbsup::bsmilie:

i would say slightly more of the bike at lower left would provide more impact. a nice image nevertheless.

thanks.

Very nice shot :) I love this kind of image -- full of character, and as runner10 said, leaves you wondering what the whole story behind it is.
I would like to have seen a bit more of the bike (less cropping at the bottom), perhaps including his feet, and the highlight on the leg is a little distracting (don't overdo darkening it though).

Including his shoes in the frame would probably be better because his lower legs seemed to be chopped off abruptly in the current picture.

Thanks to all for your constructive comments and inputs.
I shall take note of them. Cheers! :)

Cool, a story book itself.

@bladehamster & lunas: thanks!!! :)

To be at his age, and yet still so fit and compete in races, i really salute him... At age 60+, not many ppl can do it..

whats that above his head? someone's foot? this can definitely do with some ps. but i like it as a whole, and no, i wouldn't do anything about the overexposed leg, notice the sharp shadows on his right leg, if you ps-ed his left, then that would look off-balanced and wouldn't match the lighting on his right hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.