Tips to share with correct white balance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi Guys,

I accidentally discovered there's a good way to correct the white balance in PS.

28608148.jpg

The above picture was taken in auto white balance of s602z which at evening time, the pic taken shows bluish white balance which is wrong.

after changing the Match Color and click on Neutralize

original.jpg

It shows much improved correct white balanced. I have tried with other portrait shots which also showed very pleasing quite "true to life" skin color after amendment. Hope this helps ppl with white balance problems.. ;)

Thanks but where is the "Match Color" option found ? I am using PS 7 :D

DarkForce said:
Thanks but where is the "Match Color" option found ? I am using PS 7 :D

sorry forgot to mention...

Go to Image->Adjustment->Match Color-> Click on Neutralize

;)

Noir said:
It's a feature found in Photoshop CS. :)

Well, not a problem as I always shoot in RAW. While balance can be adjust with easy :D

Alternate solution is to make sure that you have the correct white balance before you take your shot. That will save you an extra step in Photoshop.

tokrot said:
Hi Guys,

I accidentally discovered there's a good way to correct the white balance in PS.

28608148.jpg

The above picture was taken in auto white balance of s602z which at evening time, the pic taken shows bluish white balance which is wrong.

after changing the Match Color and click on Neutralize

original.jpg

It shows much improved correct white balanced. I have tried with other portrait shots which also showed very pleasing quite "true to life" skin color after amendment. Hope this helps ppl with white balance problems.. ;)

thanks for sharing! :cool:

Hoky said:
Aiyah I using PS7. How to do similiar trick huh?

Hi Hoky,

I happen to know that you are aiming for EOS 300D, well, with that you could shoot in RAW mode and change the white balance with the RAW softwarre with easy :)

DarkForce said:
Hi Hoky,

I happen to know that you are aiming for EOS 300D, well, with that you could shoot in RAW mode and change the white balance with the RAW softwarre with easy :)

RAW is nice. (Something that I usually take with my G5). :)

But it's like 12mb per photo. Can't afford that for long travels. :nono:
Actually I'm looking for solutions to touch up the white balance for photos taken by my Ixus.

RAW is good to be processed but what is good to process RAW?

Hoky said:

Actually I'm looking for solutions to touch up the white balance for photos taken by my Ixus.

Erm... sorry to cast doubts, but I don't think the white balance is actually corrected. From the example shown, it's just a shift from a cooler temp to a warmer temp.

Prismatic said:
Erm... sorry to cast doubts, but I don't think the white balance is actually corrected. From the example shown, it's just a shift from a cooler temp to a warmer temp.

The walls of the building looks corrected.
But the colours of lightings seems to have over-saturated.
Anyway, it's nice effort to me. ;)

It's probably personal perference, but I feel there's too much red in the picture. Judging from the picture, the scene is probably around 6~7?
If the sun has set, there should be more blue than orange on those surfaces not affected by the lights. Anyway, it is a good effort no doubt. :thumbsup:

My take at it:
untitled.bmp

Hoky said:

RAW file for G5 is 12MB?!

according to http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong5/page10.asp
G5 RAW file should be about 5MB

for 10D, the RAW image (with small jpeg embedded) is abt 5-6MB

whereas for jpeg, it is about 4-5MB (for a smiliar photo)

If i take the RAW file convert to TIFF, it is about 18MB

how come g5 raw file so big?
d60 raw only ard 4.8mb

Status
Not open for further replies.