Tips please on how to use Wide Angle lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

richybear

Oct 5, 2007
Hello Everyone!!

I'm new here and basicly I joined because I've very new at photography when it comes to using a wide angle & telephoto lenses.

I own a Sony DSC-85 and just purchased a wide angle lens for it.

I've taken several shots with it at different settings, but any that have actually been viewable are extremly grainy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info please contact me and I'll update.

Best Regards,
Richard :confused:

grainy are usually caused by long exposure and high ISO... so what the shutter speed and ISO that you are using?

hello Bedrock,

You're right I was using 400 ISO. Shutter speed not sure where would you, in the camera menue, find that setting, could it be called something else?

Heres a link to a couple pics I took with the wide angle lens. What about having the picture with so much yellowish color?

http://www.cdnhostingservices.com/DSC85sample.html

Also any idea what the best F setting would be and should I use A, M, S, or just click and shoot.?

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated :D

The yellowish look could be due to white balance
Shutter speed looks something like this
1/60s 1/80s 1/100s
Normally when shooting landscapes shots i will use higher F stops like F8 or F11
this is to increase keep everything in focus

Thanks a lot Redsun...... really appreciate the info. I'll be back at it tomorrow to see if my shots will be inproved.

Why did you post this in multiple forums?

Lots of cross-posters today...

Soooooorrry!!! As I mentioned i'm new I just felt not every one looks at all catogories so i posted where I thought I'd likely get a response. I won't do it again.

one tip when using wide-angles is to watch for distractions, for example the black blob at the bottom of your first pic..

one tip when using wide-angles is to watch for distractions, for example the black blob at the bottom of your first pic..

ahh yes good point!Watch out for the corners,and make sure your cam is not tilted

i think your shutter speed was too long or your aperture was too small., for wide angle lens, remember to reduce the shutter speed as low as possible. 1/125 or 1/250 good enough for nearly everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.