Tips on Outdoor Night Shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokokhua

Sep 2, 2006
hi guys ...
any tips for me on how to take good night time outdoor shots? e.g. company BBQ events. i own a nikond80 and sb600, lens 18-200mm.

problem is: how to use flash at night without anything to bounce off? (and without making them look like ghosts with the flash firing directly at them?)... people moving around etc ...

Use a diffuser... bounce cards can also reduce the amount of flash directed at the ppl...

btw, i bought a lightsphere also ... any use in using that in this kind of environment?

Usually with flash, I power it down by -2/3 so that the people's faces don't look so white.

tks for the tip!

cheapest method...use tissue paper...

sorry folks, but wats a diffuser btw?

and i read somewhere that you set to 'bulb mode' when taking fireworks, what is that bulb mode about? can someone please enlighten? thanks!

sorry folks, but wats a diffuser btw?

This is one type. Stofen Omnibounce

Stofen.jpg

that means a diffuser is that matt white 'cap' that is mounted on the hotshoe flash? okok, i get it, thanks!!!

i believe lightsphere can be used to diffuse the light without bouncing it of anything... so u can use it outdoors

I believe it bounces inside the lightspere to create a diffused lighting....

oh wow cool ... should i be poiting the opening of the PS at the subject?? with the dome on?

oh wow cool ... should i be poiting the opening of the PS at the subject?? with the dome on?

Eh... no, the light sphere is designed for use for bouncing off ceilings (esp if there is no cap on the LSPJ) the cap will assist to create a more diffused effect and also when there's nothing to bounce from (i.e. no ceiling or high ceiling)

Status
Not open for further replies.