Tips on lens for animal shoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

mys7ix

Jun 16, 2008
Yishun
Hi, I'll be taking photographs for the animal club in my school and I was wondering if my lens will be able to take decent shots. I have a 50 f1.8 and also kit lens with my 450d. basically i'll be taking shots of the animals posing with alphabets. the main purpose of the photographs are to be used for postcards which will go on sale in my school. each shot will consist of about 3-5 animals namely dogs and cats to form 3 words.

looks interesting, mind if i join you for the fun of it??? :)

anyway..50mm will do just that may have to do some cropping. Its getting the cats and dogs to behave that may be the problem.

Would suggest adding the words in during post editing phase... this will make your life MUCH MUCH easier....

Thank you man for the tips you've shared to this forum...

because the cards are like placed around the necks of the animals. basically to form 3 words "Share The Love". i don't have the exact details yet but all i know I'll be going to SPCA for the shoot. I don't want to use flash as i don't have external flash and the flash will hurt the animals as well so light will be one crucial factor. i do know that controlling the animals will be the tougher part, but i think in the end it's the time you spend with the animals. as long as it is fun and enjoyable. thanks for some of the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.