Tips of buying SLR camera

koko12345

May 24, 2011
I like electronic products,such as digital cameras,laptops and cell phones.I have used bought 4 digital cameras,what I spend is money but also learned a lot experience of buying camera.When buying a SLR camara ,I think we should pay more attention to the following things:

1. Easy operation (The much easier to operate, the more convenient to us when we use.)
2. Autofocus system (If the focusing system is not well, then will appear slow focusing problem.)
3. Pixels
4. LCD pixels
5. Whether have hd video (I think this is dispensable)

I like electronic products,such as digital cameras,laptops and cell phones.I have used bought 4 digital cameras,what I spend is money but also learned a lot experience of buying camera.When buying a SLR camara ,I think we should pay more attention to the following things:

1. Easy operation (The much easier to operate, the more convenient to us when we use.)
2. Autofocus system (If the focusing system is not well, then will appear slow focusing problem.)
3. Pixels
4. LCD pixels

My tip to you is to read the FAQs in the Newbies section.

3. Pixels
4. LCD pixels

Although your list is not wrong it lacks the necessary details to look out for. As mentioned by Rashkae: spend some time reading the existing threads, guides and postings before you start something new.
What do you mean with "3. Pixels"? Too many? Too little?
If you think hd video is dispensable, why should one pay more attention to it?

TS, the points you raised are so vague.
It's almost of no value to read them.

1) Easy operation? Easy for whom? Not everyone likes the controls to be laid out in a particular way.
2) How do you define an autofocus system that is working well? What's your criteria?
3) Pixels? huh?
4) how many LCD pixels are necessary?
5) so... HD video is dispensable (ok that's your opinion) .... then we must pay attention to it because....?

The mods should sticky this......

As an example of a terrible "how to" guide :bsmilie:

What is TS's point? He came out of nowhere (1st post) and start telling people tips that... everybody already know... funny.

kodakdisposablecamerapr.jpg

People shouldn't use Leica since it does not have AF.

3. Pixels

So you could blow up a photo of a XMM's peaks to billboard size?

4. LCD pixels

Will it affect the image quality of your XMM's portrait shots?

Refer to No. 3.