Tips needed: Newspaper colour shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasimon

Sep 14, 2004
Holland Village, Singapore
hi! i have an opportunity to shoot for a privately circulated newspaper in full colour. i am doing a portrait for a personality profile. anyone has tips on what to watch out for when doings such shoots? i'll be doing the shoot on Friday evening. any tips and ideas will be much appreciated. thanks!!!

If shooting in evening, you gotta watch out for yr flash and avoid harsh shadows. And maybe put in some interesting elements as the background, otherwise just 1 person shot would not be interesting. Also watch out for sweat, shining spots on faces.

thanks for the tip!!!

shooting will happen around 6pm in the outdoors. i'm planning to use flash only for fill purposes. thinking of using a warming gel to match the light at that time of day. not sure at this point how to pose. he's a singer songwriter and the brief stated that i should show his instrument (a guitar). should be a good learning experience! :)

Check the colour profile your client need. What I use is Adobe RGB for off set printing and sRGB if I'm sending it to lab for printing. You need to shoot in Adobe RGB colour profile as I think resetting from sRGB to Adobe RGB in photoshop will help, but not much. Can someone here please comment on this?

scubasimon said:
thanks for the tip!!!

shooting will happen around 6pm in the outdoors. i'm planning to use flash only for fill purposes. thinking of using a warming gel to match the light at that time of day. not sure at this point how to pose. he's a singer songwriter and the brief stated that i should show his instrument (a guitar). should be a good learning experience! :)

out of curiousity, who is the artist? Xin Yao singer?

hi! thanks for the tips.

the artist is Kevin Kong and this is a review of his first album. it is a contemporary worship album of original material.

the shoot went relatively well. i gotta say i was like a fish out of water. didn't know how to pose him, didn't know what to say, didn't know how to put him at ease. dang. this thing is tough! but fun :)

again, thanks!!! i really appreciate the tips ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.