Tips for Wedding Photography Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

raid

Aug 25, 2003
Choa Chu Kang
Hi,

I'm not a new photographer, but I'm going into weddings for the first time. I know many of you are highly experienced... So, I was wondering if you guys/gals have any good tips or experiences to share.

Maybe you can also tell me what are the key things that a wedding photographer is "expected" to take... eg. for tea ceremony who are the important people, whether need to take the banquet stage decoration, etc... I mean some times may seem common sense, but I'm sure there are some things that wedding couples expect from their photos.

This will be good tips for me too as I'll be getting married in Sept 2005. :) Haha... maybe will post an ad for photographers for my actual day at a closer date.. But for now, do give me any tips and suggestions okie?

Oh yah, I know that many wedding photographers have their own portfolio.. So I'm also creating one for myself. Anything else??

Regards,

go to Singaporebrides.com.sg to check out the examples. most of the stuff are there. :)

What is required at a wedding is really individual to the couple. Some like photojourn, some like posed, some like pictures of every second passed, some like pictures that only tell the important event within the day.

Typically, it's your style that must speak for itself. Tea ceremony of coz, must cover parents and those who were offered tea by the couple or to the couple. :)

Hire SniperD to shoot for your wedding so that SniperD can bring me along and learn from him then you can see and learn also lor :D

must take the VIP (immediate family) .

bring out the joy of the weddings.

would advise you to have a back up photographer, especially if you are a newbie and are likely to do public service.

Expectation will still be equally high, from the families, vs what they have seen their friend's son / daugther / grand kid's wedding photos taken professionally.

Lastly, as to subject to shoot, just follow your instinct and were the loudest noise / happening are and SNAP.... practise makes perfect....

SniperD said:
go to Singaporebrides.com.sg to check out the examples. most of the stuff are there. :)

What is required at a wedding is really individual to the couple. Some like photojourn, some like posed, some like pictures of every second passed, some like pictures that only tell the important event within the day.

Typically, it's your style that must speak for itself. Tea ceremony of coz, must cover parents and those who were offered tea by the couple or to the couple. :)

So I should say the most important tip is learn to communicate with the couple to know what they want since it is their big day.

Snowcrash said:
So I should say the most important tip is learn to communicate with the couple to know what they want since it is their big day.

Agreed. some of my customers prefer those posing shots while some like candid....

Status
Not open for further replies.