Tips for Singapore Fireworks Festival 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterfly

Sep 9, 2002
Visit site
I am planning to go either on 08 or 15 or even both so thought of starting a thread so that those who went for the first session on 1st aug can share shooting tips with others. Common questions will be where is a good location to shoot and what time must be there, etc. Thanks in advance!!! :)

shutterfly said:
I am planning to go either on 08 or 15 or even both so thought of starting a thread so that those who went for the first session on 1st aug can share shooting tips with others. Common questions will be where is a good location to shoot and what time must be there, etc. Thanks in advance!!! :)
One tip here: You have to be really quick and decisive! Only 5 minutes of fireworks and not enough time to change settings so you have to set up and prepare way before the show starts.

As for technicalities, I'll leave it to the fireworks pro's here! Hope to learn something too!

Well, my contribution is here. But don't knock me if the settings do not work for you. It's really subjective for the timing.....some fireworks are brighter than others, and each firework choreographer has his own style. :D Generally, i like it to look very grand, lots of them in the pic.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=86016

there are many suggestion and idea on setting... it mean that there are no fix rule. You have to experiment. For a start, you can thread those setting a starting ground and work from there. experiment them and have fun.

for first timer, you may be kangchong on the spot when the show start... fiddling with the camera setting for the whole show then you din realise that the show end. :cry:

Advise is to fix on a apperture setting and you use cable release to control shuttle speed, while your eye still njoying the whole firework show... thus killing 2 birds with a stone.

Then go back and analyze your photo and exif info see what went wrong or what went rite... then come back again on NDP nite at kallang area to shoot again, then go back home and analyze again, then come back again on 15Aug.. with all your knowledge and mistake accumalated, you should know what is abest for you. I am sure you will improve.

My recommendations for setting:
ISO200
F16
Shutter speed anything from 4 to 15 sec.

Thanks for the tips, guys. Keep them coming. Btw, what time must go there to "chop" place ah?

I miss 1st fireworks. where's the best spot?
Thanks.

Where exactly will the fireworks be released? Dun want to go too near and get a shock. :D

I think the best might be the seafront in front of the Fullerton Hotel. But that location would be very, very crowded. Another place could be the steps of the city hall. But there might be some guards to chase us away. Unless someone found a exclusive place, strategically located and away from the crowds.

i will be using A70 with tripod to try n capture the fireworks. any recommendations for the settings?

any one going to the south side of the bay at the marina south side, at the clear grass land? how or whare is good in that area?

JAG said:
any one going to the south side of the bay at the marina south side, at the clear grass land? how or whare is good in that area?
I'm thinking of going there early too...

Status
Not open for further replies.