Tips for Pano

gundamseed84

Dec 12, 2009
Hi all I have a question to ask. I am using a wide angle end of my kit lens (18mm) to take a picture of a building but due to the space restriction (i do not want to end up in the middle of the road) but I cannot cover the whole building. Hence I have decided to stitch a pano through 3 pic.

The way I did it was to turn my tripod head while I never shift my position. The result is heavy distortion (if that is the right term) and the building looks falling off.

Therefore I want to ask for tips for such situation. Would it be better if I shift my position horizontally rather than to rotate my camera? :dunno:

Sample pic: I know nuts about in depth post processing.

pano16123550.jpg

Thanks.

the ground that your tripod is on is not level. therefore the vertical axis of your tripod is not perpendicular to the horizon. hence the central column of the tripod is also not perpendicular to the horizon.

when you mount the camera on the ball/pan head and level the camera, only the frame you are currently taking is level. when you turn the tripod head to take multiple shots, the axis of rotation is not vertical. Hence the picture looks like it is falling off.