tips for buying dslr

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemes`S

May 18, 2004
hey there,

been using ma pentax slr since 2000, think it's time to move on cos my photography skills have stalemated. contemplating on getting a dslr, budget's a constrain, but no harm lookin at the options.

what do you guys suggest? what should i look out for? i've had friends who intro nikon d50, cannon eos 350 and 20d to me... what's good? favouring 20d but kinda ex...

surfed a few sites, wondering what do the following terms mean:
internal flash sync (not external flash)
crop factor
alignment grid
mirror lock up

thanx dudes!

I'm using 20D, but I've been with Canon for the longest time. In terms of brand, its more of budget and preference. My dad is using Olympus E500. And its pretty good. Why don't you ask your friends to let you try the feel of it. The functions, the dials see which you prefer. Cheers

nemes`S said:
hey there,

been using ma pentax slr since 2000, think it's time to move on cos my photography skills have stalemated. contemplating on getting a dslr, budget's a constrain, but no harm lookin at the options.

what do you guys suggest? what should i look out for? i've had friends who intro nikon d50, cannon eos 350 and 20d to me... what's good? favouring 20d but kinda ex...

surfed a few sites, wondering what do the following terms mean:
internal flash sync (not external flash)
crop factor
alignment grid
mirror lock up

thanx dudes!

I think the terms, its better for you to google for the answer. its a long long explaination.... anyways, mirror lock up is a feature that is very very useful when you are taking macro photography. thats my 2 cents worth.

DSLR will not improve your photography skills. In fact, might even get worse.

But operating costs will be less, esp if you shoot a lot and don't print much.

What improves photography skills is practice, photography books and courses.

Wai Leong
===
nemes`S said:
hey there,

Status
Not open for further replies.