Tips for bidding in ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bid last minute?

Look at consistent ratings of seller?

Make sure check out all details plus shipping info?

Careful got fraud on paypal, open up paypal on a seperate new window, and make sure you enter the website and not through a link to paypal. Careful of paypal emails asking you to confirm details or log in to verify things.

what do u mean by tips for bidding? I have been on ebay since the beginning... will help if i can... as long as you show me ur pinkie shoes.... kekekkee :p

Top 10 Ebay Tips

Additionally, if shipping abroad, check to see if the seller is willing to do that before bidding on the item. Make sure you get accurate costs for international shipping, don't want to end up paying an inflated shipping charge.

Yes!! Always check the shipping costs before bidding. Some sellers (Hongkong Based ones especially) charges exorbitant shipping charges (many times more expensive than even courier services)... even though their products seems cheap. I have asked them question through ebay before, even showing them the actual shipping cost from their local post office, but they will only accept the shipping cost that they quoted.I figured out that the lower price of the item will be offset by the higher shipping cost..

get someone professional to bid for you...

i find that i always seem to lose bids, so i normally look for those with buy now price... or fixed price... then i buy... hate those last minute bidders... will employ them to do the bid instead...

I bid with the highest price I like to buy with, if I lose out, then too bad :cry:

Always ask for exact (or near exact) postage costs, many sellers (especially in the US) have this attitude that they inflate shipping costs just to earn back the eBay fees. Many also don't put 'worldwide' sales, but some may still be willing to ship overseas, just ask politely.....

Hong Sien

BTW: I may put my Pink shoes on eBay soon, my girlfriend asked me to do so..:-(

HS

1. set at least 20% higher in your reserve buying price
2. if that fail, then switch to last min bidding price
3. check history of bidders if bid is not anon, some bidders might be inflating the selling price. avoid the auction if so.
4. check for eager bidders those who low rating, they can be on a bidding frenzy sometimes.
5. learn bidding psychology. read bidding history.

if all else fails, talk to Ullyss to help you bid... ;)

-> from ex-ebay addict
who enjoys bidding for bidding sake

Email your competitors your Afghan girl pic and tell them that you'd pay them a visit if they outbid you. :heart:

Research on the item lor. Like how much you should be paying...how much the item meant to u.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions

look at the seller's rating and activity to prevent fraud. Even ask can u pick up the item urself. Of course hide ur details.

Avoid direct deposit if item too expensive. Use paypal if necessary.

Be prepared for a lemon :devil:

I use a proxy bidder to do my bidding. They'll put in your bid with about 3 secs. to go. (Mine is set at 5 secs). All you have to do is to pay them a small fee in the case of a successful transaction. I think its about 1 %. Mine is www.auctionsniper.com. Have fun!. Otherwise pm me your fmail address and I can do an introduction for you (I'll get free snipes for that!)

Make sure you ask the seller on the item's exact shipping charges, condition of the items and more pictures before you bid on any auction. Also do a search on similar items to see the average pricing so that you have a better gauge on how much u wanna bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.