Tips for a trip to Delhi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going Delhi too with 2 other friends for 14 days in Feb,planning to go Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, Mumbai and ofc Delhi. Anyone have any recommendation on transportation and accomdation?

Oh... i love sunrise and sunset, anyone have tips taking shots of them in india?
:cool:

I am going Delhi too with 2 other friends for 14 days in Feb,planning to go Jaipur, Agra, Varanasi, Mumbai and ofc Delhi. Anyone have any recommendation on transportation and accomdation?

Oh... i love sunrise and sunset, anyone have tips taking shots of them in india?
:cool:

Jaipur, Agra is those standard tourist places thou. good for street journalism and etc etc.

Varanasi, go to the varanasi river where they do their cleansing. go around 5pm. when the sun starts to set, watch for the skies. very nice~~

mumbai. very urbanised. but take images of the messy train station nice too!

travel within interstates in trains... best solution. save money of course. go for the best class possible. more comfortable.

accomodation. no issues. go for motels lor do some readup. thou cheap, make sure they give you proper toilets !! thats very very important !!

some times ah.. when i was bathing in india, i need to turn the tap on for 10mins. so that i dun get brown water... :bsmilie: i dunno where the water come from anyway.. brown colour ones.... gosh....

3 of u guys going will be fun. remember to stick to each other. if dun wan, get the roaming service or if not buy a pre paid card there....

my 2cnts.

I don't have the benifits like you...:cry:

dun like that say. got chance one.... and your time will come... just dun anyhow spend money on un-important things. and poly students like to splurge on useless things like beer, billard, latest geek toys.. dun buy. save the money ! ;)

dun like that say. got chance one.... and your time will come... just dun anyhow spend money on un-important things. and poly students like to splurge on useless things like beer, billard, latest geek toys.. dun buy. save the money ! ;)

I prefer to go free and easy, yet prefer guide. Contradicting myself. :bsmilie: You went free and easy?

I prefer to go free and easy, yet prefer guide. Contradicting myself. :bsmilie: You went free and easy?

local guide. who is my friend. lols... he is guide + bodyguard + etc etc etc etc.. many roles one la... armed somemore... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

but problem that he is equally screw loose like me... hahahaha....

Da ge, since when I got fish eye? It's the reflection off motorcycle helmet la! :sweat:

You got guide, jaga, presidential reception, $.... :confused: :bsmilie:

i where gt $. if i gt money i will be driving maserati liao...

i no $ one.. kuchi kuchi.. u first day know me meh.... i very poor one. morning breakfast eat 60cents fried noodle. lunch time eat $2 fried rice. dinner eat bread.

no $ one la. no girlfriend also. no wife. :bsmilie:

One tip - India is a land of contrasts. It will be like that in Delhi as well. Big nice buildings (almost like Singapore) beside slums. Cows walking in the middle of the modern highway.

Keep you eyes open as you walk along the streets. Enough said already about trying the delicious looking food. Our singapore stomachs may not take it. You can take photos of the food though...they look very good.

All the best in your photo expedition!:)

You might want to check out Tuglakabad Fort - which is 45 mins - 1 Hr drive from the Radisson - not as much tourist traffic as Red Fort or the Old Fort (Purana Quila). Also, might want to check out SurajKund which is 10 mins drive from the Tuglakabad Fort.

2.5 hours drive away from the Radisson (and halfway to Jaipur) is the Neemrana Fort...a 400 year old fort on top of a hill converted into a rustic luxury hotel. Dont need to stay there...but can spend a day relaxing and shooting, and maybe lunch. Rs. 100 or something for a day pass. You'll see plenty parrots flying around. AND - breathtaking views of the plains. Also serves as a drastic contrast from Delhi...the local folks living at the base of the hill are very rustic villiage folk. Might get some great shots. Highly recommended.

Plenty more to do in-and-around Delhi...just holler if you want more!

LotusFairy and 3 more guys going to India in Mid January for 2 weeks.

Doing to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Varanasi and Alleh....d (forgot how to spell) and maybe to Japour (oso forgot how to spell)..

Need help...advice on:

Getting tixs from Singapore and back?
Rail from place to place?
Place to stay for me (gal) and 3 guys...
Food (no problem), I eat everything...
Culture (no problem)...I blend in fine...

We are going for the "Bathing" festival by the Ganges River at Alleh....h, any recommendation where to stay. We are worried that we may have to bring our own tent. Think that there will be millions swamming into the place for their ritual prayers and bathing.

:sweat:

LotusFairy and 3 more guys going to India in Mid January for 2 weeks.

Doing to Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Varanasi and Alleh....d (forgot how to spell) and maybe to Japour (oso forgot how to spell)..

Need help...advice on:

Getting tixs from Singapore and back?
Rail from place to place?
Place to stay for me (gal) and 3 guys...
Food (no problem), I eat everything...
Culture (no problem)...I blend in fine...

We are going for the "Bathing" festival by the Ganges River at Alleh....h, any recommendation where to stay. We are worried that we may have to bring our own tent. Think that there will be millions swamming into the place for their ritual prayers and bathing.

:sweat:

Airtickets ?

Air India is relatively cheap. but the seats are not very nice compared to SIA.
i was on SIA Economy. not too bad for me to survive at least 5.5hrs there...

Mid Jan is rather cold i must say. still considered freezing period. coz u went there around the same time i went in 2006.

IIRC, rain tickets is 120Rps or USD$5 for travellers... i think..

Place.... hmm.. i was bunking in with the military there. :faint:

Food. NEVER NEVER drink from the road side stalls, and ALWAYS CHECK FOR NAILS AND METAL PARTS BEFORE DRINKING FROM A GLASS BOTTLE OF SOFTDRINK.

but all and all. if you are heading north, at Delhi, its extremely cold in the night (for me..)
and rather cooling in the late morning and afternoon... it gets hotter till 26th Jan onwards. (i am reading this information out from my journal)

;) still need more information ?

and yeah. if wanna be safe, find a GOOD local guide. if not the people there will want to chop chop chilli chop chop the travellers there...

My friends and me going in Mid January to Delhi and other place..
May I PM u for advices?

My friends and me going in Mid January to Delhi and other place..
May I PM u for advices?

found your information already or not ? mid Jan coming soon thou.. ;) :bsmilie:

found your information already or not ? mid Jan coming soon thou.. ;) :bsmilie:

actually i'm in the same group with her. not sure what she is looking for, but we split up our reading....

:bsmilie: still trying to read....gossh...have to jot them down...too many...

Status
Not open for further replies.