Tips for a better photo without involving the technicality of a camera setting

OoStarDustoO

Jun 22, 2010
Singapore
Hello all

I am sharing an article that i've written.

Apart for the camera settings, there are various factors that will affect an outcome of a food photo.

In no way i am a pro in this but these are some points that i understood and comprehend over the couple of years of casual shooting of food.

Feel free to discuss and exchange views along the way.

This may not be the most comprehensive tips but i believe they should make certain sense and hope that it's reasonably useful for those who are interested in taking better food shot with their point & shoot, camera phone, or even DSLR.

Eight Tips for a Better Food Shot without involving Camera Setting

Hello all

I am sharing an article that i've written.

Apart for the camera settings, there are various factors that will affect an outcome of a food photo.

In no way i am a pro in this but these are some points that i understood and comprehend over the couple of years of casual shooting of food.

Feel free to discuss and exchange views along the way.

This may not be the most comprehensive tips but i believe they should make certain sense and hope that it's reasonably useful for those who are interested in taking better food shot with their point & shoot, camera phone, or even DSLR.

Eight Tips for a Better Food Shot without involving Camera Setting

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing the tips, especially no.4 which I noticed a lot of people missed this out haha :thumbsup:

Good tips. Thanks for the share.

good read. not those "shallow" photography skill type

Interesting!! Thanks for sharing the tips, especially no.4 which I noticed a lot of people missed this out haha :thumbsup:

Thanks bro! I can see your emphasis on the background from your food thread (especially for the home-cooked meals). That's a lot of effort. Love it. :bsmilie:

Thank you for this! Will definitely try to remember these tips the next time I pop by a cafe. :)

There is no model answer for taking nice pictures without the use of the various P,S,A, M modes, as they are being designed to produce different results.

In general, nice pictures are often admired by many people, say out of 10 pax, 8 or more will say "wow". It may be subjective, but if the majority like it, great news.

Composition is important, such as Rule of Thirds.

Design elements is important too to help you have more choices as to getting your shots done.

Image editing software is good to have.

However, if you have knowledge of the basics of photography and able to use all the 4 Exposure modes, you will then understand why serious amateur photographers will never succumb to mobile camera phones and still insist of using DSLR or Mirrorless.

Not hard to learn the basics. It is not just understanding Shutter Speed, Aperture and ISO, but how they correlate and what combinations of the three can lead to different effects using the 4 modes.

Cool. enjoy Photography and when the nice pictures start to appear on your LCD screen, you will love photography and the world better

Cheers

Steven Yee